Guarantee... what did you get?

tropicbird

So we leave on Dream Saturday and still have "to be assigned" on our reservation (guess there is no point in bothering to print luggage tags!).

We booked a guarantee inside. What have folks been assigned (original cat/assigned cat) WHEN THE GUARANTEE WAS NOT ASSIGNED UNTIL SAIL DAY? (I realize lots of guarantees are assigned in the weeks and days prior to sailing) The rumour mill has it that the longer you wait to get a cabin, the better it *might* be.

Just wonder what we will draw (and before the flamers crack knuckles and get to work... I am perfectly happy with any old inside cabin (although since we have 3 in the room, I suspect the old upper/lowers are not a concern) ... not expecting or presuming that we will be upgraded. The guarantee was the only thing available at the time of booking)

Happy cruising!

Edited by tropicbird
spelling

We did an inside once on a Glory Canada cruise. We were assigned deck 7 forward. Not the room that I would have picked, but fine for that cruise. The room seemed smaller than other insides we had been in, for some reason.

We were assigned a few weeks before sailing, so we were able to print out the paperwork and luggage tags then.

Whatever you get, it should be fine. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

As a general rule, I've found that the later the cabin is assigned, the better the chance of an upgrade. I've booked GTY many, many times, and have gotten upgraded from an inside to every category up to, and including an Ocean Suite. Just booked GTY on "Dream". This time I booked an OV, GTY, and got assigned one month early, to a Deluxe Ocean View.

You've got the right attitude. If you book GTY, and are prepared to take what you paid for, then you're NEVER going to be disappointed. Congrats on the cruise, and I'll bet you get at least a small upgrade. ;)

"SKY"

Booked an IS solo 3 weeks prior to sailing and got an OV on deck 6 forward, the room was odd shaped, but HUGE compared to other regular rooms, and did have a pole in the middle of the room, loved the size, but being so forward I felt every everything.

As a general rule, I've found that the later the cabin is assigned, the better the chance of an upgrade. I've booked GTY many, many times, and have gotten upgraded from an inside to every category up to, and including an Ocean Suite. Just booked GTY on "Dream". This time I booked an OV, GTY, and got assigned one month early, to a Deluxe Ocean View.

You've got the right attitude. If you book GTY, and are prepared to take what you paid for, then you're NEVER going to be disappointed. Congrats on the cruise, and I'll bet you get at least a small upgrade. ;)

"SKY"

Wow pay for inside and get an ocean suite. Awesome

o.k. so we have booked guarantee many times, and have always been happy, a few times we got outside, once got the ceiling to floor window with a lifeboat in front, I loved it, and one time and only one time on the glory, they gave us a room, but when we got to the dock to check in they said our room had been changed, when we found our room, IT WAS A BACK 6TH FLOR WRAP AROUND BALCONY, dh said lock the door they made a mistake. it was so great, I can't even begin to tell you. good luck life is about adventures :)

o.k. so we have booked guarantee many times, and have always been happy, a few times we got outside, once got the ceiling to floor window with a lifeboat in front, I loved it, and one time and only one time on the glory, they gave us a room, but when we got to the dock to check in they said our room had been changed, when we found our room, IT WAS A BACK 6TH FLOR WRAP AROUND BALCONY, dh said lock the door they made a mistake. it was so great, I can't even begin to tell you. good luck life is about adventures :)

HA! That's almost exactly what happened to us when they assigned us the Ocean Suite. We had already been assigned an upgraded cabin, and when we checked in at the port, the lady commented that we'd received an upgrade. I thought she was referring to the upgrade we'd already received, but when we got aboard, and looked at the cabin number, we realized it was totally different than what we thought we got. We opened the door, and WOW,,,this can't be for real. It was a GREAT cabin, and a very pleasant surprise. :cool:

"SKY"

Wow how awesome is that