A Problem with a Booking Made Whilst On Board....Any Help?

Tug10

Hello

I have just returned along with all my family today from a wonderful Christmas cruise on the Queen Victoria and as we had such a great time, my mum & dad decided to book another cruise for May this year for the both of them.

I accompanied them to the Future Cruises office on Wednesday and they booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the QM2 as the price was right along with the great OBC offered.

The sales lady was very nice and asked for their cabin number and proceeded to arrange the booking etc and I offered to pay the deposit for them as a gift.

Looking back, at no time did the sales lady ask for confirmation of the names of my mum & dad and we thought nothing of it as we assumed the information was gained from their current cabin number.

Having returned home today, the confirmation email has been received ( the sales office were having some technical problems & couldn't print it off for my mum & dad at the point of booking whilst on board) and the sales lady has made a mistake and made the booking for myself & my sister!

I'm not sure how this happened as my mum & dads cabin number was given for their information but possibly it was because my sister made the original booking for our Christmas cruise we have just been on.

Having phoned Cunard to advise them they stated the names couldn't be changed as this is how the booking was made and that I had paid the deposit....we explained the situation and the answer was that they would need to check with the sales office on Queen Victoria before they could help but this could take several days.

I am hoping that the mistake will be rectified as it wasn't through any fault of ours and we don't really feel we should have to pay an admin charge for altering the names but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice that could help if needed or if they have encountered the same before.

Hello

I have just returned along with all my family today from a wonderful Christmas cruise on the Queen Victoria and as we had such a great time, my mum & dad decided to book another cruise for May this year for the both of them.

I accompanied them to the Future Cruises office on Wednesday and they booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the QM2 as the price was right along with the great OBC offered.

The sales lady was very nice and asked for their cabin number and proceeded to arrange the booking etc and I offered to pay the deposit for them as a gift.

Looking back, at no time did the sales lady ask for confirmation of the names of my mum & dad and we thought nothing of it as we assumed the information was gained from their current cabin number.

Having returned home today, the confirmation email has been received ( the sales office were having some technical problems & couldn't print it off for my mum & dad at the point of booking whilst on board) and the sales lady has made a mistake and made the booking for myself & my sister!

I'm not sure how this happened as my mum & dads cabin number was given for their information but possibly it was because my sister made the original booking for our Christmas cruise we have just been on.

Having phoned Cunard to advise them they stated the names couldn't be changed as this is how the booking was made and that I had paid the deposit....we explained the situation and the answer was that they would need to check with the sales office on Queen Victoria before they could help but this could take several days.

I am hoping that the mistake will be rectified as it wasn't through any fault of ours and we don't really feel we should have to pay an admin charge for altering the names but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice that could help if needed or if they have encountered the same before.

I suggest you write to Cunard and explain what happened, I would hope that they would rectify the errors.

Hello

I'm not sure how this happened as my mum & dads cabin number was given for their information

Hello Tug,

What a nice gesture of yours to pay the deposit for your parents' cruise!

As to the booking itself, if you have given your parents' cabin number to the sales person and if this cabin number or your parents' names, as passengers, figure on the booking, there should not be a problem. It was the seller's fault, not yours, and he should put it right.

Best wishes.

We were onboard and I made a booking, even received a confirmation while we were still sailing after giving them a credit card for the deposit. A few days after returning home, I emailed my agent to let her know about the booking as instructed--and there was no booking!!!! They had magically deleted a reservation on a sailing that was very popular and we were booking the last Princess Grill cabin. I was so furious, I booked with another cruise line instead.

I called Cunard, she apologized. I would have been more impressed by someone following up with a letter apologizing. She did make sure we got a refund on the credit card.

So if they tell you they don't make mistakes, quote me.

Good luck

I have learned from bitter experience that booking while on board is like buying a car from Arthur Daley. I would never book on board now, no matter what treats they try to entice me with.

(Those not familiar with Mr Daley can Google him)

I just wanted to say thank you to all that replied to my query.

We phoned Cunard again this afternoon and spoke to a completely different person and explained what had happened.

They were horrified that the mistake had been made and couldn't understand why the original person we spoke to at Cunard yesterday wouldn't amend the details to my mum & dad as it was obviously their details obtained from their cabin number......they were very apologetic and all details have now been amended to the correct information and no extra cost to us.

Maybe the original person we spoke to was suffering still from the new year celebrations!!

Anyway all has been sorted so thank you all and thank you to the lady at Cunard who we spoke to today.

I just wanted to say thank you to all that replied to my query.

We phoned Cunard again this afternoon and spoke to a completely different person and explained what had happened.

They were horrified that the mistake had been made and couldn't understand why the original person we spoke to at Cunard yesterday wouldn't amend the details to my mum & dad as it was obviously their details obtained from their cabin number......they were very apologetic and all details have now been amended to the correct information and no extra cost to us.

Maybe the original person we spoke to was suffering still from the new year celebrations!!

Anyway all has been sorted so thank you all and thank you to the lady at Cunard who we spoke to today.

Good!