ease of boarding?

trish1c

I'm starting to plan / dream but need some help. I hope I'm on the right board.

We usually sail from NY because we live in NJ & it's just easier. That won't be possible for our next cruise.

I'm looking at a few similar cruises but they leave from different ports. Flight price will probably be the weightiest factor but can somebody please tell me about the ports of

Tampa

New Orleans

and

Houston?

I've been to all 3 cities but never the ports. How far are the APs from the respective ports? How much is a taxi? It one easier or harder than the other? If everything else was equal (cruise ports, line & price) which port would you pick & why?

We have sailed from NY, Miami & San Juan in the past. We often travel to LA / So Cal, Florida & Europe if that helps you help us.

Thanks in advance.

In Nola, it's around $33 for two from the airport to the dock, and each additional beyond two is $14pp.

That rate is fixed. That is anywhere from the Airport to the French Quarter or CBD. If you go to a hotel in the CBD or Quarter then you are looking at a $7pp cab fare to get to the port in the morning.

The port in New Orleans is easy to get into and out of, and depending on your cruise line will be one of two terminals next door to each other. Carnival mostly uses the Erato street terminal and is right at the base of the Crescent City Connection bridges. Norwegian and Royal use the Julia street terminal and is right next door to the Carnival terminal.