NCL Star: Nightly Menus

davidt1968

Hello Everyone. I'm a newbie with NCL (Carnival Veteran), and needing a little help. Does anyone have menus from all of the dining options for the STAR. We've got our excursions pretty much figured out, but want to have some kind of idea of where to dine on each night. My wife and I, with our almost 2 year old will be sailing Sept 11th for Alaska. Any feedback on excursions would be also great to hear. Also, does anyone recall the last name of the cruise director on this ship. I've read his name is Simon and he is almost described as another CD we had on the Carnival Elation previously. Anyway, Thanks for all the help.

David

Carnival Elation--06/2003

Carnival Pride--09/2004

Carnival Paradise--04/2005

NCL Star--09/2005

Thanks for the information. Yes, Carnival has been good to us, but the Alaska dates for Carnival don't work for us, so we had to narrow it down to NCL or Princess. With an almost 2 year old, we felt NCL might be best for flexablility reasons. If anyone has Alaska 2005 menus, shore excursions info, etc., it would be very much appreciated.

David

Thanks punjab I was hoping the menus would appear before our criuse on the Star on July 24th and you made them appear. This is great! We will have 3 couples traveling together and this will help with our questions on where to eat.

Punjab,

Thanks so much for posting the Star's menus. I was wondering if the menu options are basically the same for the 8-day Mexican cruises? Or, is it modified to include a Mexican theme?

Good day! You will love the Star and her restaurants. We just got back from the Star to Alaska and sailed June 19-26. The food was excellent and its true that you gain an average of 6.2 lbs. on a cruise!

I kept a few of my menus, so if you email me, I'd be more than happy to help you with a choice of where to dine.

The cruise Directors name was Simon Murray.

In Skagway with the 2 yr. old, take the bus trip up and the train ride back down the Whitepass.

Hello Everyone. I'm a newbie with NCL (Carnival Veteran), and needing a little help. Does anyone have menus from all of the dining options for the STAR. We've got our excursions pretty much figured out, but want to have some kind of idea of where to dine on each night. My wife and I, with our almost 2 year old will be sailing Sept 11th for Alaska. Any feedback on excursions would be also great to hear. Also, does anyone recall the last name of the cruise director on this ship. I've read his name is Simon and he is almost described as another CD we had on the Carnival Elation previously. Anyway, Thanks for all the help.

David

Carnival Elation--06/2003

Carnival Pride--09/2004

Carnival Paradise--04/2005

NCL Star--09/2005

I believe Kieron is back from vacation and is the current CD... I think!

I believe Kieron is back from vacation and is the current CD... I think!

YEP! Kieron is back on the STAR as of 7/17 after a couple months break. HE'S THE BEST! You will have soo much fun.

He posts to Cruise Critic every so often ... tell him you saw his name on Cruise Critic .. he will know what you're talking about.:D Tell him we need to see him more often around here now that he's back on the ship!!

~Dianne

YEP! Kieron is back on the STAR as of 7/17 after a couple months break. HE'S THE BEST! You will have soo much fun.

I don't usually pay all that much attention to the CD, but I have to admit, Kieron is very personable. I was on the Star's Mexican Riviera itinerary back in March. Very nice cruise.

I definitely enjoyed the food, both in the main dining rooms and the alternative venues. From soup to nuts, Le Bistro is probably the best (mouthwatering filet mignon and scrumptious chocolate fondue); Cagney's offers excellent steaks; Teppanyaki is always fun for the food preparation show and I thought their entrees were absolutely delicious but I didn't care that much for the side dishes, altho others seemed to enjoy them; Soho was fine but no better than the main dining rooms.

I actually started this thread and I'm a bit puzzled on the direction this thread has gone. I have not received any current Alaska Menus, nor have received any 2 for 1 information for any of the dining rooms. I've been getting e-mails from various people asking for this information. I do not have this information. I'm the one that originally asked for this by starting this thread. Again, if anyone has this information, it would be appreciated. Thanks

David

Archived