MDR Menus for Gem 9-Day?

monteman

You can start here: Norwegian Gem Menus. But you can also click on the other ships on the left side of the page and look at their recent menus, because all of NCL's ships follow the same fleet-wide rotation that includes 14 different menus. Apparently they always start with the menu that includes the surf & turf on the first night, but then you can't really predict where they will pick up in the rotation for the following nights. See this thread for a better explanation:

NCL MDR Menus Question

This thread lists the "Chef's Regional Specialities" that I think will be served on your cruise. These are also determined fleet-wide, but there is a different list for each region, and they are not listed in the printed menus:

Chef's Regional Specialty ?

Edited by hawkeyetlse

You can start here: Norwegian Gem Menus. But you can also click on the other ships on the left side of the page and look at their recent menus, because all of NCL's ships follow the same fleet-wide rotation that includes 14 different menus. I am not sure if you can predict which menu you'll get on your first night, but then the following nights should go according to the rotation, unless there is some kind of holiday with a special meal during your cruise.

This is partly incorrect. While there are 14 menus, the first night is usually always the lobster night (unless there is a special day during the cruise that would be more suitable for it, but this is very rare occasion) serving either menu #1 (lobster dish is surf & turf) or menu #8 (lobster dish is seafood extravaganza). All other menus used during the cruise can be chosen by the food management team onboard each ship so one could see any menus in any order after the first night. Also on Breakaway there is no lobster in MDR but on the second day in the buffet so the part about first night's menu doesn't apply to Breakaway.

This is partly incorrect.
Right, I edited my post a bit, but it's still a little inaccurate. The main point is that there isn't any (easy/reliable) way to know weeks ahead of time which menus you'll get throughout your cruise, for example if you want to pre-book specialty dining for specific dates now based on what will be served in the MDR those evenings. For that level of detail you'll have to wait until you're on board and even then they might not be able or willing to tell you the menus for the whole cruise at the start and you'll just have to keep checking day by day.

Right, I edited my post a bit, but it's still a little inaccurate. The main point is that there isn't any (easy/reliable) way to know weeks ahead of time which menus you'll get throughout your cruise, for example if you want to pre-book specialty dining for specific dates now based on what will be served in the MDR those evenings. For that level of detail you'll have to wait until you're on board and even then they might not be able or willing to tell you the menus for the whole cruise at the start and you'll just have to keep checking day by day.

We aren't wanting to plan meals, just like to see what the offerings will be as part of the cruise anticipation. We can get the menus once on board. Just was hoping someone on the same itinerary had some pics. Hopefully Cubechick will be our connection. :)

I actually have photos of all 14 dinners (photos of the food itself, as posted on the wall of the galley as reference for the food prep staff). I'm still missing a couple of menus, since our cruise was only 10 days long. If I can fill in the gaps I'll post something here on CC.