Sauce or seasoning reconmendations?

just4steven

Hello!!

Will be arriving in Grand Cayman in 2 weeks for my first visit. I like to bring back some sort of local sauce or seasoning/spice from places I visit in the winter and then come spring and summer have an incredible cookout at home :cool:

Any can't miss local ideas for this, or are there just so many different ones around I should just pick one with the coolest looking packaging :rolleyes: Basically is there anything GC is known for with good flavor and is not going to be just heat? i.e., if it has the name HELL or DEATH on the bottle/package I probably won't get it, lol.

Level of spiciness does not really matter to me, although I definitely need something good tasting that is mild for others, but I will definitely pick up something HOT for myself :)

Hot is what we've got. Cayman cuisine borrows heavily from the Jamaican spice cabinet with many dishes seasoned with Scotch Bonnet Peppers (aka habañeros).

Otherwise Cayman cuisine makes use of many ingredients you will find in any supermarket - onions, scallions, bell peppers, and tomatoes feature strongly in Cayman-style preparations of chicken or fish.

Hello!!

Will be arriving in Grand Cayman in 2 weeks for my first visit. I like to bring back some sort of local sauce or seasoning/spice from places I visit in the winter and then come spring and summer have an incredible cookout at home :cool:

Any can't miss local ideas for this, or are there just so many different ones around I should just pick one with the coolest looking packaging :rolleyes: Basically is there anything GC is known for with good flavor and is not going to be just heat? i.e., if it has the name HELL or DEATH on the bottle/package I probably won't get it, lol.

Level of spiciness does not really matter to me, although I definitely need something good tasting that is mild for others, but I will definitely pick up something HOT for myself :)

If the craft market is open across the street, look for Miss Ivy's, she makes great jerk sauce and hot sauce and jams.