Exercise Facilities Insignia

Angelstone

We are considering an Oceania Cruise on the Insignia for summer 06 however I cannot find much information about the fitness facilities. Is there a good gym onboard? Are there classes? Is there plenty of good quality equipment? Helpful information would be appreciated!

We found the exercise facilities more than adequate. State of the art -no but there are a number of treadmills, stair steppers, stationery bicycles, recumbent bikes, weights, etc. They probably had classes but my wife and I would do our own thing. Also there is a track on the top level of the ship that many used for jogging or walking. All in all the facilities are fine.

I concur. Adequate equipment. I used them every day to get a moderate workout. The classes did not impress my wife (who is a cardio-pump instructor). O also enjoyed the hot tubs and the steam room. The showers were "normal" size, so I cleaned up there almost ever day rather than in my stateroom.

I have bad knees and am always curious about whether or not the gym on a cruise ship has an eliptical trainer (or two).

Also, I'm curious as to whether anyone experienced a wait for the treadmills etc. I guess I am asking if the gym was large enough for the number of passengers.

Rick

Archived