Ferrol

blitznbobs

I've never heard of this port but I have the feeling it's not a jewel ... (I'd like to stand corrected on this point.) As I have kids, I thought if I could get to a beach on this day it might be the easiest. Is there one within striking distance? and if so is it accessable by public transport?

Thanks

Bx

We were in Ferrol in October , sadly it poured all the time we were there. The locals put on shuttle buses to get us into the town but we did not linger as it was so wet. There is a castle at the entrance to the harbour which might have been interesting to explore.

I did see a beach as we were sailing out, on the south side of the harbour/bay. There were probably more out on the coast, out of the harbour area but we were inside getting ready for dinner and did not see any more.

There is a lovely chocolate shop on the main street though.

Actually just looked at google earth and there appears to be big beaches just to the north of the inlet the takes you into the harbour.

Edited by MTElkwhistle