Price of upgrade to premium beverage package on ship?

illiniwahoo

We will have received the Classic beverage package thru the 123 promotion, but I love the Molecular bar drinks, so definitely will upgrade to the premium. With there now being a difference between the price of the beverage packages purchased on the ship and in advance, who much do you think the upgrade will be?

I'm hoping still $10 per person per day, but I could also see them charging $15 (difference in the value of the classic package purchased in advance, and the current sale price of the premium package on the ship.).

I'd like to use my OBC, but if it will be more expensive to do on the ship, I'll do it in advance.

I am quite sure that this has been asked many times before, BUT do both of us have to upgrade? My wife drinks about three glasses of wine per year.;)

If you try to upgrade before your sailing, they will, or at least late last year they were, saying that you both must upgrade because you got the classic portion as a part of the 123 Go promotion (or as they document it, the "wave promotion") If however, you were not a part of the 123 Go, you could choose to have only one person in the cabin with premium, and the other with classic or none at all. And just to add a little more "dirt" to the game, I've heard that on board, they will let you upgrade individually regardless of the promotion.

If you try to upgrade before your sailing, they will, or at least late last year they were, saying that you both must upgrade because you got the classic portion as a part of the 123 Go promotion (or as they document it, the "wave promotion") If however, you were not a part of the 123 Go, you could choose to have only one person in the cabin with premium, and the other with classic or none at all. And just to add a little more "dirt" to the game, I've heard that on board, they will let you upgrade individually regardless of the promotion.
This is not correct.

If you have the 123Go drink promo you can upgrade one package for one guest and keep the classic for the other guest.

This is not correct.

If you have the 123Go drink promo you can upgrade one package for one guest and keep the classic for the other guest.

Then the policy has changed. I didn't make up their refusal to allow a single person to upgrade. That was personal experience. But Celebrity is constantly changing the way they do things. I stand corrected.

• 4 months later...