Character Call

pcl_cruiser

I did it on New Years Day. You set up the call on the Disney Cruise Line website. It's under the registration page. There's an icon for "Schedule a Character Call". You have three different character choices and you put in which ship and destination. We did the Mickey and Minnie call. My kids are 5 and were excited for about the first 10 seconds of the call, but the characters were hard to understand. All in all, I think it's a cute thing to do!

We had Mickey call on Christmas to surprise my 4 yr old. Like Tommyjean said was hard to understand and to me they speak way to fast for kids. But my little one got the surprise and that we are going on the Disney cruise :):)

I am going to schedule the second call the day we leave 16 more days :D

Nan

Mickey and Minnie called my daughter on Christmas day to tell her about the cruise. It was less than 60 seconds, but DD understood.

A friend of mine set up a call for a specific time last year, but said she had to reschedule it 3-4 times because her two kids were never in the room at the same time.

We have scheduled our calls for=

1st trip....the morning we got on the ship. We had kept it a surprise until then.

2nd trip....1st hour of our drive from upstate NY to Cape Canaveral. We told them they were going on an adventure when we piled them in the car after school.

3rd trip....Christmas morning for our upcoming Dream cruise

We just got ours about an hour ago for our upcoming Disney cruise this week. It was really cute, longer than I expected. Those Disney touches are what keep people coming back year after year.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked our first character call (this is our second cruise) and it's for the night before we fly to Orlando. DD knows about the cruise this time (total surprise the first time) so I wanted a different way to "surprise" her and a call from Mickey and Minnie will be perfect! :)