Is the Spa worth it?

limeyalchemist

Thinking of doing the spa on a two night CTN. Estimated based on CC thoughts that the spa pass will be around $70-80 for the trip.

What is there to do inside, and for those who have done it was it worth it for you, and why?

Oh BTW. We always cruise with kids normally. This CTN is without kids, so might be our only chance to try the spa...

Thanks for any advice.

I love the spa, but won't be doing it on my next cruise, which is very port intensive. I think it's worth it on the CTN, especially if you're in an inside.

I love spending time in there, even if it's only to relax, read a book, enjoy seeing either where we're going or where we've been, depending upon whether the location is in the front or aft.

Which ship will you be on?

We had a spa pass to the thermal suites on the Epic and it was total peace and serenity. No treatments included of course, but you can spend hours there in the thermal pools, saunas, steam rooms, heated loungers, etc. Not sure we'd do it again on a 7 day with ports as I doubt we really got our money's worth, but for that price on a cold 2 day CTN, totally worth it!

We cruise with our kids too so I don't ever get the spa pass (just don't feel I'd spend enough time in there). I would say go for it since you won't have the kids with you. I bet it will be amazing!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I got the thermal pass last year and was there 4 of our 7 days. I also bought a massage which was nice, but I won't do this time. The thermal pass was around $125 for the week and included the wet/dry saunas, mist showers, hot tub, thermal tub, and hot stone recliners. Excellent way to wind down. I split my time between the spa and the bar!

Since we started getting spa passes, we seldom go to the crowded outside pools. On the Epic I spent time in the sun in Spice H20 and would have used that small pool if I wanted to but was content to get in pool/hot tub time in the spa.

I love spas in general. I love the environment and the treatments and the scents and pretty much everything about it.

That said, I don't think I'll buy a spa pass again on a warm weather cruise. DH and I bought them on our last Epic cruise. The spa facilities on Epic are really outstanding, but we didn't spend enough time there to justify the expense. When I cruise, I like to be outdoors. I like the sights and smells of the ocean. I like to sit on my balcony. I like to BE in the Caribbean. It just isn't the right thing for us.

Somewhere cold, or on a TA? Yeah, maybe.