Hotel close to port of Miami

Rangers23

We stayed at the Hampton inn blue lagoon when we cruised out of Miami last time - they had a shuttle to the port and airport. Otherwise if u want closer the holiday inn on Biscayne blvd but no shuttles so you'd have to get a taxi or shuttle over there.

I booked at Comfort Suites Miami Airport (in Miami Springs) for my family this June. The rate includes free breakfast, free transportation from/to the airport AND free shuttle to the port (Miami).

Got a very good deal from lastminutetravel. The hotel continues to receive high remarks from guests (a lot of those are cruisers). Can't wait to visit this place.

Edited by botbienvn

Just wondering whether it is best to stay downtown or close to the airport. We're considering booking the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami -Brickell/Downtown.

I would go with the Hampton Inn for sure, it is a wonderful hotel, great location and awesome reviews! Super close to the port too. I do have to throw in that as an alternative I would recommend looking into the Intercontinental as well. LOVE that hotel and you can walk right to Bayside Marketplace and see the port from the Bayview rooms, amazing AMAZING property!!! Have a great time!!!

Edited by cruisecrazy82

May I bump in on this thread?

We're sailing the Breeze, and driving down from SC. Where would you stay with a car?

If you need parking and are looking for a hotel that will include the parking then I would look closer to the airport, in the downtown area parking is much harder to find (included in the rates anyway). Also hotels near the airport that include the parking often will offer a shuttle to/from the cruise port as well.:)

I booked at Comfort Suites Miami Airport (in Miami Springs) for my family this June. The rate includes free breakfast, free transportation from/to the airport AND free shuttle to the port (Miami).

Got a very good deal from lastminutetravel. The hotel continues to receive high remarks from guests (a lot of those are cruisers). Can't wait to visit this place.

I second that. The Comfort Suites is right around the corner from the airport. The room was large and comfortable. Across the street was a Valero to buy water and soda to bring on board with us.

Their free shuttle bus took us for the 15 minute ride to the port. Within a few blocks are about 4 restaurants.

Overall, very convenient. If we were to sail out of Miami, I would definitely use them again.

Edited by CTCruisers

If you need parking and are looking for a hotel that will include the parking then I would look closer to the airport, in the downtown area parking is much harder to find (included in the rates anyway). Also hotels near the airport that include the parking often will offer a shuttle to/from the cruise port as well.:)

Thanks so much! We aren't coming in early for beach activities, we live near Charleston, so we have enough of that at home. I'm looking for clean, safe, and convenient. Airport area is fine for us.

We just booked our pre cruise stay at Comfort Inn, Minola drive near the airport, stayed there last August and were more then happy, will be staying again, this August, free shuttle from airport and to the port and free breakfast,

I would go with the Hampton Inn for sure, it is a wonderful hotel, great location and awesome reviews! Super close to the port too. I do have to throw in that as an alternative I would recommend looking into the Intercontinental as well. LOVE that hotel and you can walk right to Bayside Marketplace and see the port from the Bayview rooms, amazing AMAZING property!!! Have a great time!!!

Love hearing this about the Intercontinental! We're staying there this time , last cruise we stayed at the Holiday Inn, it was nice, but we wanted to try someplace different.

Love hearing this about the Intercontinental! We're staying there this time , last cruise we stayed at the Holiday Inn, it was nice, but we wanted to try someplace different.

We stayed at IC 2 years ago and loved it. We walked to Bayside and had dinner at a nice place in the Marketplace. Then we found a outdoor balcony type area at the hotel and gathered with our friends there and shared a 12 pack of beer from CVS down the street.

If you get there early in the day, check out the pool area and their Tiki type bar. Very cool.

The morning of embarkation I went to the cvs and got all of our toiletries for the cruise. It's a very convenient area. Cvs also has wine if you're interested.

The cab ride was about 5 minutes to the port. I forget the price, but I believe it was around $20. Enjoy and have a great cruise!

Cheers,

Freddie

Sent from my KFAPWI using Forums mobile app

We stayed at IC 2 years ago and loved it. We walked to Bayside and had dinner at a nice place in the Marketplace. Then we found a outdoor balcony type area at the hotel and gathered with our friends there and shared a 12 pack of beer from CVS down the street.

If you get there early in the day, check out the pool area and their Tiki type bar. Very cool.

The morning of embarkation I went to the cvs and got all of our toiletries for the cruise. It's a very convenient area. Cvs also has wine if you're interested.

The cab ride was about 5 minutes to the port. I forget the price, but I believe it was around $20. Enjoy and have a great cruise!

Cheers,

Freddie

Sent from my KFAPWI using Forums mobile app

Love hearing this!! Yeah we're pretty excited about staying there.. We found CVS last yr and loved that they sold Alcohol, wish they did that here in RI, lol..Good tip though about getting toiletries there..And we're getting in early enough before noon so we'll definatly have to take a walk around bayside...We went last time to Hooters(the kids really wanted to try it, I think cause of the name, lol) and well food was fine but no kids this cruise , So WOOHOO to that!!

Do they offer a shuttle from the Miami airport to the hotel, if not what is the cab fare,

The cab fare from airport to IC was about $30 if I remember correctly. I don't think they offered a shuttle from airport, but I remember that they do NOT offer a shuttle to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I second that. The Comfort Suites is right around the corner from the airport. The room was large and comfortable. Across the street was a Valero to buy water and soda to bring on board with us.

Their free shuttle bus took us for the 15 minute ride to the port. Within a few blocks are about 4 restaurants.

Overall, very convenient. If we were to sail out of Miami, I would definitely use them again.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know how much a cab would be to get back to the Comfort Suites when the cruise is over? We have a reservation here the night before our cruise and are trying to decide whether the price difference would be worth it to leave our car or park at the port.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know how much a cab would be to get back to the Comfort Suites when the cruise is over? We have a reservation here the night before our cruise and are trying to decide whether the price difference would be worth it to leave our car or park at the port.

I would contact the hotel and ask if they offer shuttle service from the port to the hotel.

We flew out the same day, so we had not asked them about that service.