Megaship cruiser does Epic 1- 4 - 2014

hondarr9

Day 3

Ok, I'm back! Sorry. Today was another sea day. This is the first cruise I have been on that started with 2 sea days. I don't know if I prefer it or not. Any day on a cruise ship is a good day as far as I'm concerned. Today began with breakfast at O'Shehans. I found this breakfast to be the most consistent on Breakaway. It's not unlike a typical breakfast you might find at your local diner. To me thats a good thing.. I found O'shehans on Epic to be the same.

Sea day means pool day right? Well thats what it meant to me, so we spent most of the day on the pool deck I'll spare the details because there arent any!

Tonight we had the Legends show, but before that we decided to try the Manhattan room for dinner. I want to disclose that we never ended up eating in the Manhattan room on the Breakaway. We really focused on the pay restaurants on that trip. For better or worse. Anyway we headed down, and were greeted almost at the elevator by a woman with hand sanitizer, who told us that there was a 30 minute wait, and that taste was wide open, you are better off going there. I was a little reluctant because I really wanted to try the Manhattan room, but everyone else seemed not to care. Off to taste we go. As we glide down the escalator I could already see a line almost to the atrium. It was much worse than Manhattan room. Right back up we went. I walk up to the same woman whom informed us of the 30 minute wait, only now (having not recognized me now was saying 60 minute wait! I said to her, three minute ago it was 30 minutes. Whats the deal? "well is really about 45" I said ok, I dont mind I really want to eat here anyway. Up to the desk we went to put our names in. A pleasant hello from the girl and then the words "table for 4? We can seat you right now."** Ok? Well at least we got a little work out walking between taste and Manhattan right? Yeah we'll go with that.

We were sat a a table for 4 right off the dance floor. We weren't far from the live music duo, which was wonderful bye the way. We were greeted by our server and I quickly realized that he was no amateur. I cant for the life of me remember his name but he was the absolute best waiter I have ever had. From what he was saying, he has been doing this a long time. He was so personable and attentive. I wanted him every night! As far as actual food goes I had the pot roast and dw had the lamb shank. My pot roast was amazing! Better that Grandmas. I tried a bit of the lamb, and its was even better! Tonights dinner was one of the best we've had on a ship. The food and music were awesome!

Before I end this segment I just want to mention that the motion in the Manhattan room was pretty bad. Even by my standards. I never belived the theory that the aft was rocky, but I might now. Thanks god for the patch that my dw and oldest dd had on.

After a after dinner drink it was off to the Legends show. I really expected nothing from this show. Not my cup of tea, but I was playing along. It started out with Stephen Tyler. I have to say he is dead on. Not only whan singing, but even when talking. Really good! Next was Katy Perry. My youngests favorite. I thought she was just ok. Next was Elvis. I really dont care for Elvis, but this guy was pretty good and my oldest dds favorite of the 3. The show was just over an hour. After they set up so you could do pictures with the impersonators. They were really friendly and seemed like they didnt mind being there.

I really cant remember what we did after that. Maybe it involved alcohol! lol

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask while I try to get this review done. My wife would say "hurry up, I'm lactating!"

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hondarr9

I was on this same cruise & I can attest to the 'wind tunnel' by The Markeplace. It's pretty windy when it blows your flip flops off your feet!

I was in an aft Studio stateroom & I noticed a side-to-side shimmy when in the cabin. Other than that the motion of the ship wqas normal to me.

Glad you had good dinners in the main venues. Other than the first night's dinner in Taste, and my last night's in Manhattan they were pretyy so-so for me. Much more to my liking was Cagney's & La Cucina.