shopping Grand Cayman

cruiserone

Lots more jewelry stores. Some very high end ones. Not as many hand made items, though they can be found if you look.

The major shopping area is downtown right by the port, though several upscale shops have moved into the Camana Bay development a few miles from the port area.

• 2 weeks later...

Cayman Has many stores to choose your shopping. Also, a street market as you go right into town about a block or so on the front side across the water. Look for white canopies . There is a vendor that sells hand made Caymanite jewelry, a stone only found on Cayman that is very interesting and VERY affordable. She, of course, is a local and she and her family cut the stones and make the pieces for sale. Know that the jewelry stores carry her jewelry pieces at triple prices, so skip them if you are interested in this stone and shop directly with her.

Goehoe,

Do you know if the Caymanite jewelry vendor in the street market under the white canopy takes credit cards? If not, and I have to bring cash with me off the cruise ship, do you know the price range of her jewelry? I realize if would depend on what I purchase, but if I have a general idea, I would know how much cash I would need. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lots more jewelry stores. Some very high end ones. Not as many hand made items, though they can be found if you look.

The major shopping area is downtown right by the port, though several upscale shops have moved into the Camana Bay development a few miles from the port area.

Camana Bay is worth the effort to get to IMHO.