Rain, Rain, Rain....

HappyHygienist

It appears that it will be cool and rainy for our upcoming 3 day cruise. I'm wondering if our Castaway day will be scrubbed. Is there anything that is indoors at Castaway Cay? Picnic areas covered? I'm trying to remain optimistic, but not sure how much the rain will effect our time there. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had one Castaway day that was cold and rainy. Sorry. However, it did clear up and got reasonably warm when the sun came out about 2 pm.

If the seas are rough, it is always possible that the ship won't dock. Reality, on a cold rainy day, there is little to do at Castaway. The "Grouper Game Pavillion" is covered, as is Cookies (food place). However, all of the activities are outdoors. We weren't standing out in the rain; we were huddled in the pavilion for a while. Ultimately, we went back to the ship--it is heated!

Cruise Staff did hustle and put together a bunch of stuff on board. They never technically closed the stuff on the island, but no one was in the water till well into the afternoon.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but Disney does not YET control the weather. Give them a few more years!

One more thought--don't believe the forecast. Wait till the weather happens. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by moki'smommy

On our first Magic cruise, it rained heavily all morning at Castaway Cay. This was in August. Looking at the photos that I took, the only indication that it's raining is that the lifeguards were wearing rain coats. Everyone else was swiming, walking on the beach and playing on the mats in the water. The sun appeared just after lunch time and it was all good.

Just did that a couple of weeks ago. We actually arrived at castaway cay in the middle of the night...I think with the wind we may not have made it in at all. Even before we got there they had cancelled all the "excursions" because of the weather. That said Cookies and everything else was open. Folks got off in their jackets and headed to the beach...since I have been there done that I stayed on the ship and read and slept and read..you get the point. There were no additional activities on the ship that day. However, one of the nice things about the Dream is that there is a lot of covered areas so place to hang out - outdoors - even if the weather is bad.