Cave exploration WITHOUT the tubing... HELP!

Scruise Mcduck

I wanted to do the same thing a couple if years ago, but Carnival canceled the excursion. I decided to do the cave tubing. I wasn't real excited about it. More nervous than anything. It was an awesome experience! If you can convince your group to do it I think you would enjoy it. You do get out of your tube a couple of time to explore the cave further.

might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I took an NCL tour called "Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave", or something silly like that a few years ago. It was an all day excursion and included exploring a large cave system (I think 2 miles in length). We were suited up with helmets, head lamps and harnesses. We hiked through the forest to get to the cave entrance. Once there we crawled/climbed around the caves for awhile, then at one point you rappel from the top of one area down to a lower level, then there is a zip line that takes you through the mouth of another cave opening, then a couple suspension rope bridges over areas of the cave until you reach the end of the system. It was great fun!

Typically I don't book excursions through the cruise ships, but this seemed like something unique so I tried it out. Was pretty pricey, and was a decent drive distance away from port, but a great experience. I don't know if you are able to book this tour outside of the cruise lines.

I have a group of 8 people that want to do some good cave exploration (spelunking) without the tubes. I haven't had much luck finding anything so far. Does anyone know of anything that would work?

Check with Charlie's Cave Tubing. When our cave tubing tour was cancelled we were offered an alternate trip that would have been a hike and cave tour. charliescavetubing.com