Take the port side on Reflection

LiseD

One thing I forgot to put in my review of last weeks Reflection....we had a balcony on the aft side but at all three stops (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten) we wished we had been on the port side. I know this can change depending on docks but still think port would be better. For instance, you would sail in with the view of Old Town and the fort and while parked at the dock your view would be of Old Town.

One last comment....we have sailed into San Jaun before and had someone on the ship giving a nice narration. Notice that Celebrity didn't do this. Too bad as I thought it added a lot to the experience.

Edited by LiseD

One thing I forgot to put in my review of last weeks Reflection....we had a balcony on the aft side but at all three stops (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten) we wished we had been on the port side. I know this can change depending on docks but still think port would be better. For instance, you would sail in with the view of Old Town and the fort and while parked at the dock your view would be of Old Town.

Ships may dock with either side facing the dock. It has much to do with tidal flows, and when it is easier or safer to either dock or depart in one direction or another. The tides vary each day, causing the peak timing of the stronger currents to vary day to day. Sometimes it is better to turn the ship around when it arrives. Sometimes it is better to do so when it departs.

One last comment....we have sailed into San Jaun before and had someone on the ship giving a nice narration. Notice that Celebrity didn't do this. Too bad as I thought it added a lot to the experience.

Did you arrange for the person to give the narration? Sometimes the cruise line will have someone on board to provide narration. This depends on the availability of such a knowledgeable person, who sometimes is a presenter who is on only certain portions of the cruise. We have had narrators on three of our five Celebrity cruises.

Edited by boogs