Cave Tubin or Shark, Rays & Island Getaway

alwaysnpursuit

Traveling with my 12 yo son to Belize on Carnival Sunshine (March 9th sailing). Trying to decide on an excursion. We are Ziplining in Mahogany Bay the day before so trying to do something different. All the reviews I have read about the tubing talks about the very long bus ride and the very short time in the tube. Thoughts on the Shark, Ray & Island Getaway? Or any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

We are going out on the Magic end of Feb and shark alley is one of the excursions we are looking at doing and I am one of those people who loves the water type of tours but haven't invested in prescription goggles as of yet (and can only see about 6" away without glasses) I was wondering if this would still be something I could enjoy. About how deep is it where the actual encounter is? I appreciate any advice :)

We are going out on the Magic end of Feb and shark alley is one of the excursions we are looking at doing and I am one of those people who loves the water type of tours but haven't invested in prescription goggles as of yet (and can only see about 6" away without glasses) I was wondering if this would still be something I could enjoy. About how deep is it where the actual encounter is? I appreciate any advice :)
I purchased a pair of prescription goggles years ago and love them.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this one with SEE, one of our group was a scuba diver and the rest snorkelers...we were all together on the same boat and had a blast, the snorkeling was beautiful! This tour was flying to San Pedro...only 20 minutes and great scenery to look at. I think we saved a lot of time and also boat ride that can be brutal...would do it again in a heartbeat!

My husband and I did a private tour with that included Shark/Ray Alley and Caye Caulker. It was by the highlight of our trip. We left on a boat directly from the port and went out to snorkel and swim with the sharks and rays. It was fantastic. One of the guides even "called" out a 4ft green moray eel by clapping at it under water. Then we went to Caye Caulker for lunch and some time on our own to explore. The boat ride was smooth and gorgeous. It was literally the perfect day.

My husband and I did a private tour with that included Shark/Ray Alley and Caye Caulker. It was by the highlight of our trip. We left on a boat directly from the port and went out to snorkel and swim with the sharks and rays. It was fantastic. One of the guides even "called" out a 4ft green moray eel by clapping at it under water. Then we went to Caye Caulker for lunch and some time on our own to explore. The boat ride was smooth and gorgeous. It was literally the perfect day.

Who did you do the private tour with?

Who did you do the private tour with?

We did it through Coral Breeze with the Hammerhead boat crew. I wasn't thrilled with Coral Breeze during the half hour that they collected money and were rude before turning us over to the Hammerhead crew, but the Hammerhead guys were AWESOME! They really went the extra mile for us. I am a snorkel fan and one of the guys was going right in front of me to show me different fish. They were looking out for me when a large barracuda came up while we were doing the shark/ray portion because I had silver danglies on my swimsuit that could have been misconstrued as fish by a hungry barracuda and used some green algae to clean my husband's snorkel mask when it kept getting foggy. One of the guys lived on Caye Caulker and showed us his house when we got there (right on the beach by the restaurant) in case we needed anything during those couple of hours. When we go back to Belize, I will not hesitate to try to track down the Hammerhead boat crew.