how is carnival Triumph?

gay head

My husband and I live in Houston and were thinking about going on the Triumph out of Galveston to Cozamel on January 23 for four days.We have been on the Magic twice and really liked it.My question is how does the Triumph compare to the Magic? Has anyone been on both?The reviews I have read are not good.Would it be disappolnting after the Magic?

I think the Triumph staff is much more friendly and eager to please than the magic. ImageUploadedByForums1389921917.450589.jpg.bfae64938326a049c98da4b680b58fe1.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1389921961.697281.jpg.5e325b6edaf63d8fd61eec9b2dfcb25c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1389921999.656013.jpg.634478e2bfa9707cdd3079c448893b7e.jpg

Next Cruise

2/24/2014 Carnival Triumph

Past Cruises

Platinum !!!!

11/4/2013 Carnival Triumph

10/30/13 Carnival Triumph

9/29/2013 Carnival Magic

4/15/2013 Carnival Elation

12/9/2012 Mariner of Sea

3/22/2012 Carnival Triumph

1/30/2012 Carnival Triumph

2/28/2011 Carnival Ecstasy

12/5/2010 CarnivalConquest

1/23/2010 Carnival Ecstasy

10/12/2008 Carnival Conquest

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=SgtNaNa&date=2-24-2014&text=60th birthday cruise!!&ship=Carnival Triumph

Triumph is really great and with the 2.0 upgrades, you should find some delightful differences between it and Magic. As mentioned, the crew and staff are amazing. The food and service is outstanding. The CD is energetic and exudes fun all over the ship.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I have not sailed THE CARNIVAL MAGIC-yet. I just booked a cruise on her tonight! I sailed THE CARNIVAL TRIUMPH this past summer and it was one of the BEST Carnival, really best cruises I have taken and I have several under my belt! I love the ship, the crew, and Jen the CD is a hoot! Enjoy!

I've sailed both the Magic and the Triumph and personally, I LOVE the Triumph so much more. It's a smaller, more personal ship. It is older and there are some things it shows it's age in, but it's easy to navigate, never crowded and the staff is AWESOME!!!

I have been on both. They are both wonderful ships. However, I would go with the Carnival Magic because of the better itineraries and more stuff to do. I love the Steakhouse and Cucina del Capitano on the Magic which Triumph doesn't have. But Triumph has all the 2.0 upgrades which I miss on the Magic. You can't go wrong with either.

My husband and I live in Houston and were thinking about going on the Triumph out of Galveston to Cozamel on January 23 for four days.We have been on the Magic twice and really liked it.My question is how does the Triumph compare to the Magic? Has anyone been on both?The reviews I have read are not good.Would it be disappolnting after the Magic?

You better book soon if you want to go in the 23rd!

I went on Magic & then the Triumph in 2012. I enjoyed both cruises, but there's just something so nice about the Triumph. I was not disappointed at all. If I had to choose one to return to, that would be a very tough decision. Triumph doesn't have the same fancy waterpark area, but there is still a nice slide. Triumph will no longer have food served at the deck party, because of the 2.0 downgrades. But I still think that the Triumph would be a great ship, in spite of 2.0. The 2.0 stuff will actually help with the lunch crowd, as there are more options to spread out the crowds. Triumph's shows in the theater are better than the Magic's overall. The cruise director for Triumph, Jen Baxter, is one of the best that Carnival has! A bad CD won't break a cruise, but a great one sure can add a lot.

I was reading through the responses - thinking wow, good that the Triumph is getting good reviews from some folks.

It has been years since we were on the Triumph, but have also sailed the Magic.

We walked away from our Triumph cruise saying we wouldn't sail the Triumph again. We just didn't enjoy the layout of the ship or the "feel" of it. We sailed on Carnival a dozen or so times since then, but have never been back on the Triumph.

We did really enjoy the Magic. So may fun spots...outside the Red Frog on the deck, the Ocean Plaza, the outdoor activities like ropes course and mini golf...

Sounds like we might have been in the minority on likeability of the Triumph. happy researching and enjoy your next cruise!

We have sailed on the Triumph twice. our first time was out of NOLA and once out of Galveston this past Halloween. We had such a good time we are booked back on the Triumph in a couple of weeks for a Valentines Day Getaway.

We have cruised on ships of all sizes including Oasis and Breeze and what I like about the Triumph is its intimate feel. We really enjoyed sitting in the atrium during the evening and listening to Jerry sing C & W. The entertainment on the ship was great!