Has anyone stayed at Wyndyam FLL Airport?

gabsmom215

Hi everyone -

We have a gift card for a free stay at any Wyndyam hotel. We are cruising out of FLL on CB in April 2006. Just wondering if anyone on this board has stayed here and what you thought of it? Trip Advisor is certainly not encouraging!

Love this board. I haven't had to post many questions, because what I've wanted to ask has already been answered:)

We stayed one night in April. Lobby was beautiful, pool area nice although the little outdoor bar area looked a little run down. Lots of pretty outside areas and nice flowers. The room itself felt a little run-down. Windows were dirty, carpet stained, drawers missing knobs, etc. Nothing that made me want to run away but it just didn't sparkle. I know this hotel is used for a lot of pre and post cruise one-night stays and we also saw lots of airline personnel starying there so it is probably difficult to keep it up. There was also an emergency exit door to the roof at the end of our hallway and the door was barely closed - it gave me the creeps and I wondered what might crawl through there as you could actually see daylight coming through. We ate dinner in the restaurant - service was extremely slow, food mediocre, coffee horrible! We used their shuttle service to the airport and even though we attempted to arrange in advance the bellman did not come when they said he would and after 2 calls to the bell stand we received the attitude to boot. He even argued with me but then later apologized.

I booked direct with the hotel and paid just $109 for the 3 of us so didn't feel like we had lost too much. Be aware there is nothing around there that you can walk to - you will have to take a cab. On the positive side the rooms were quite sound proof. We overlooked the airport and could not even hear the planes. It was fun to watch them all once it was dark. Also, if you do decide to book here join "Wyndham by Request" on their website and they will deliver goodies to your room.

I had higher expectations after staying in Wyndhams in both Chicago and Boston as they are truly elegant. This one just doesn't match up. I have also learned since then that they are refurbishing rooms starting at the upper floors so perhaps you can request one of them.

If you think of anything else I will check back here and answer your questions.

mollyanne

Archived