Bordeaux U-Boat Base Access

Paint Horse

I will be on a cruise ship that stops at Bordeaux - likely docked at Bassens - for a day. While there I would like to look around, outside and inside, the U-Boat pens in Bordeaux as well the Bordeaux area. As the wife does not walk well these days, I am looking for a tour company that can provide a car to move us from stop to stop.

Does anyone know if how I can get inside the building to look around?

Any recommendations on guides?

I will be on a cruise ship that stops at Bordeaux - likely docked at Bassens - for a day. While there I would like to look around, outside and inside, the U-Boat pens in Bordeaux as well the Bordeaux area. As the wife does not walk well these days, I am looking for a tour company that can provide a car to move us from stop to stop.

Does anyone know if how I can get inside the building to look around?

Any recommendations on guides?

There is a lot of info re the bunkers on Google,but I could not find anything re whether they are open or not.Your best bet is to contact the Tourist office in Bordeaux and ask about them as well as a good good tour guide for your needs. I have been to Bordeaux several times once re a cruise and more times to stay there. When we wanted a good guide for something we went straight to the Tourist Office and they were super to work with so I think you would find them helpful. Are you on a large ship or small?? If small you will more than likely be right in town. Enjoy.