Pictures of X Silly leaving Port Everglades today :)

gambee

GREAT photos...

I wondered about the "Silly" part...

Now, I know!!!!!!! :p

Hey, NEXT Saturday, if you are at the same place, I will waving to you on the ECLIPSE from the very same place..Usually, I am port side but, I will look, and, wave next Saturday from the starboard side of the ECLIPSE.... ;)

I also wonder who starts these silly names, Silly, Connie, So where do we go with the Century, Cennie?? or Summit, Summie, Eclipse, Eclipsie etc. and as some else asked what would we call the Titanic.????

I didn't notice any pictures of the Allure, which always leaves last. I guess it got too cold and dark for their 5:15 PM usual departure.

Which is why I decided to hold off going to Port Everglades for a photo session until the end of January/beginning of February.

And then tax season starts.......................

They kicked us out of the park before she left, something must of had happened because she was just chilling there for a good 30 minutes after the last ship left. Mom was really disappointed

Gambee ... I'll be with DWDW on 3/9/14 ... Would love if you were able to get the shots of our sailaway on the Silly ... We signed up for a Webcam Wave shot from Portside Aft .....

Love seeing her each Sunday ... and missed yesterday so glad you posted these!!

I loved your excellent Silly review .... Say hi to Mom!!!

I am not sure what I will be up to that day, but hit me up on facebook that week and If I am not doing anything ill go bring the NEX with the long lens to get you.

here is the facebook https://www.facebook.com/Cruisinggambee

Is there any significance to the blue "X" sign in the 1st picture?

I wondered about that myself, it was a couple. My guess is that they are big X fans and they go there to wave the ship go by.

Thanks for Sharing Gambee. Great to see a different perspective than the usual live cam views. Counting down to March 9!

DnA

Ummmmm I have the perfect name for the Titanic, but I am not sure many will appreciate :D, lol.

I got used to the Silly name because in my review I must of typed Silly about 1000 times, much easier than Silhouette. Those reviews require a lot. just like Lady Allure, rather than Allure of the Seas. :)

They kicked us out of the park before she left, something must of had happened because she was just chilling there for a good 30 minutes after the last ship left. Mom was really disappointed

...>>>SNIP<<<...

It sounds like the State Park is closed on a schedule. So to catch the Allure we should park behind the Towers in one of the dozen or so metered spots and walk thru the passageway between the buildings and down the beach to the rocks on the port side of the ships.

The beach is open later.

It sounds like the State Park is closed on a schedule. So to catch the Allure we should park behind the Towers in one of the dozen or so metered spots and walk thru the passageway between the buildings and down the beach to the rocks on the port side of the ships.

The beach is open later.

Yeah ideally that is the case, but taking pictures from the north side is pretty bad. You have the sun as a backdrop and most pictures come out pretty bad. Even with HDR. Once the days get longer we will be able to get to see her again.