Splendor - Glory - Conquest

kfrisk

I have a question about these 3 ships. They are the 3 ships that are available in April 2015 with the itinerary that I want. Going with me will be my 3 kids (ages 15, 15 & 9). I want to make sure I pick a ship that will have plenty to do for all 3. I would love to be able to go on the Dream, Magic, or Breeze but none of them (at least at the moment) have sailings showing into 2015 after March. We have never cruised before. Which one would you choose for kid activities and enough adult activities to keep us all occupied?

Also, I am thinking of going with interior staterooms. I considered getting 2 rooms, but if I decided to go with 1 room for all 4 of us, is there any way to have a different bed set up than the upper/lower? I saw some pictures of that set up and just looking at it made me feel claustrophobic. I am leaning more towards oceanview but I know that could maybe end up the same bed setup. But the different categories/letters etc. confuse me a lot.

Thank you for any help!!

I have a question about these 3 ships. They are the 3 ships that are available in April 2015 with the itinerary that I want. Going with me will be my 3 kids (ages 15, 15 & 9). I want to make sure I pick a ship that will have plenty to do for all 3. I would love to be able to go on the Dream, Magic, or Breeze but none of them (at least at the moment) have sailings showing into 2015 after March. We have never cruised before. Which one would you choose for kid activities and enough adult activities to keep us all occupied?

Also, I am thinking of going with interior staterooms. I considered getting 2 rooms, but if I decided to go with 1 room for all 4 of us, is there any way to have a different bed set up than the upper/lower? I saw some pictures of that set up and just looking at it made me feel claustrophobic. I am leaning more towards oceanview but I know that could maybe end up the same bed setup. But the different categories/letters etc. confuse me a lot.

Thank you for any help!!

The 3 ships are similar, Conquest & Glory are sister ships. Conquest & Glory both have very poor shows in the theater at night, with no live music. Splendor has live music and better, longer shows. If this matters to you, Splendor is the one to pick. If upgraded burgers are important, go with Conquest & Glory. All 3 ships have the same waterslide, but I don't know much about the kids program. The on-board activities would be dependent upon the cruise director and staff at the time, so that's hard to say.

As far as your room goes, the oceanview room would be a very different setup than the interiors, and the room is significantly larger. The regular beds are totally separate from the 3rd & 4th, which sleep in a single sofabed (not a pullout), and an upper bunk that is fully over the sofabed. In this pic, the sofa is not made up as a bed, but when it is, it looks the same, just with sheets put over the seat & the back removed. and of course, the lower beds can be separated.

OV2.jpg

Edited by k2excursion

We have been on the Glory 3 times and have had plenty to do every time. Even one time when we could not go to all of our ports because of hurricane Sandy.

There is always Club O2 for the older 2 and Camp Carnival for the younger one. They have activities everyday there.

Beings you are booking so far out check into the Scenic Ocean View rooms. These go fast but you are booking way early so may have a chance. 9200 or 9201 being the largest. They are not much more than a regular OV rooms. Really huge. There is a pullout couch and they can configure the bed as 2 singles or push them together for 1 big one.

We had 9200 and had 4 people plenty of room. Beautiful views too!!

There are pictures posted if you search my previous posts October 2013.

Edited by bm6pm5

We have been on the Glory 3 times and have had plenty to do every time. Even one time when we could not go to all of our ports because of hurricane Sandy.

There is always Club O2 for the older 2 and Camp Carnival for the younger one. They have activities everyday there.

Beings you are booking so far out check into the Scenic Ocean View rooms. These go fast but you are booking way early so may have a chance. 9200 or 9201 being the largest. They are not much more than a regular OV rooms. Really huge. There is a pullout couch and they can configure the bed as 2 singles or push them together for 1 big one.

We had 9200 and had 4 people plenty of room. Beautiful views too!!

There are pictures posted if you search my previous posts October 2013.

Thank you! I will look into that and look at your pictures!!!!!

Loved the Glory and we booked the Conquest for this November. There were always plenty of activities for everyone and I've never had a bad show in the theater.

Your signature says that you sailed Glory in 2010. They did have the good shows back then. In the fall of 2012, Glory & Conquest had the good shows taken away. They were given Playlist Productions, which are 30 minute shows with 8 or fewer performers who dance & sing (or kind of sing or lip-sync), which causes the quality to suffer, and there is literally no live music for the shows. It's all piped in. I saw these shows on Breeze, and they weren't very good. The other activities going on around the ship could still be fun; I was just referring to the shows/entertainment.

For kfrisk, I do agree with the other poster about the scenic OV rooms. Those look to be so amazing, based on the pics. These rooms are not available on Splendor, but they are on Conquest & Glory. As was said, the 3rd & 4th persons sleep in a double pull-out sofa bed. So no uppers there. The floor-to-ceiling windows overlook the front of the ship, which really is a spectacular view. 9200 sleeps 4 people (9201 only sleeps 2), and it is a huge 320 sq.ft. room. Of the 4 smaller scenic OV rooms inbetween, 3 of them sleep 4 people. Those are 230 sq.ft, so just a little bit larger than the pic I posted earlier, but again, it has an amazing view.

Edited by k2excursion