NCL Star vs Carnival Legend

Brooklyn Boy

In SEP/OCT 2013 my wife and I did a BtoB on the Carnival Legend, 14 days from Dover to New York, and 11 days from New York to Tampa. We had a 4K (obstructed view) room. We were fortunate to have a room between lifeboats, so the view was pretty decent.

For 2015 we want to do the reverse. We are looking at the NCL Star departing Miami on Apr 27, 2015, together with the Copenhagen departure on May 11.

We have not sailed on NCL, and would greatly appreciate any views or comments from those who have. Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed on both ships, especially if you had been in a 4K cabin on the Legend and/or an OK cabin on the Star.

I didn't enjoy the star as much as the epic, but i'm a cruiser in my 20's who often sails solo. I found the clientele on the Miami to Copenhagen cruise to be of the older generation, and many activities were geared towards this, for instance ballroom and swing band, often ran over leaving very little time at the end of the night for the DJ music the younger generation had requested.

Otherwise I enjoyed the star, it is one of the older ships but had everything else I was after, places to relax, different musicians in different areas, very good shows.