Coral Photo Review Sailed on Jan. 8/14

wilfros

• 5 months later...

wilfros,

I just finished reading through your awesome review for the second time. I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. I can hardly wait for December when we take our partial transit on the Coral's sister ship, Island Princess.

I have a question I hope you can answer. I noticed in one of the pictures you took in Cartegena, it looked like you were on top of the city walls. Is this correct? If you were on top, how did you get up there? Did you have to climb up some stairs?

The reason I'm asking is, I'm trying to decide which shore excursion to book for Cartegena. The old city looks fascinating.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Yes there is stair climbing and Cartegena is very hot. It's also a ways up from the parking lot to the monastery or whatever that place was. We lucked out and got there first (private tour, van transportation) so our guy got close in. When we were leaving there were lots of big buses with nowhere to park and lots of people having to trek up the hill then the stairs and they looked pathetic. This was mid March. If you've got mobility or serious health issues (heart/lungs) I'd pass on this. Old City itself somewhat interesting but by the time we got there I'd had enough of old, hot and dirty. And people trying to sell crap I wasn't interested in buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh my gosh!! You gave me a thrill of a life time. I love how close that whale came up to you. I saw the dolphin as well. I don't know if I could have contained myself to not join him in the water. I swam with the dolphins and that was a real joy! Thank you for capturing that photo!:D

It's great to see this thread as I'm planning my 2/5 partial transit.

Thanks for great photos, helpful information and a fun perspective. DH and I are looking forward to this cruise.

Too bad you didn't do it with us this past March - always looking to cruise with you again! We loved it - bucket list "must do" - any questions just ask :)

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Too bad you didn't do it with us this past March - always looking to cruise with you again! We loved it - bucket list "must do" - any questions just ask :)

Always a pleasure - would love to head out 'on the high seas' with you again,too!

What excursions did you do on this cruise? So far we have only booked the boat through the locks in the Panama Canal.

:D

Always a pleasure - would love to head out 'on the high seas' with you again,too!

What excursions did you do on this cruise? So far we have only booked the boat through the locks in the Panama Canal.

We did the small boat transit thru the canal - a definite! Canopy tour rain forest in Costa Rice - long bus ride but really cool. Cesar's segway tour in Cartagena - wonderful. This is in the inner walled city. We just beached it in Aruba & grand cayman as we had been there multiple times.

We did the small boat transit thru the canal - a definite! Canopy tour rain forest in Costa Rice - long bus ride but really cool. Cesar's segway tour in Cartagena - wonderful. This is in the inner walled city. We just beached it in Aruba & grand cayman as we had been there multiple times.

Thanks for the info, Jane!

Was the segway tour the 90 minute one? Did you go with a group, or just arrange it on your own? How was the transportation from port to Cesar's?

I'm looking into one of the kayaking tours like Wilfros did on Aruba. What beach do you guys go to there? I hear people always talking about Eagle Beach.I think Baby Beach sounds fun.

We have visited Grand Cayman multiple times also, but it is a nice spot to return to. I think we will each do our own tour (him diving, me snorkeling) and then meet up at Margaritaville for a drink.

Still mulling over Costa Rica - maybe try whitewater rafting for the first time??

We did Trykes Aruba and really liked that altho they neglected to tell us it was a national holiday the day we were there so lots of roads closed. Aruba IMO is very boring scenically. Reminds me of a dessert in AZ or CA. I'm just not dry sand gloomy person. If I'm going to be around sand, it's gonna have blue water attached!

Did a pvt tour in CR with Jose Ramirez. He's very good and is mentioned on these boards which is how I hooked up with him for our group. We have become FB friends and I hear from him regularly. He is bilingual and responds very promptly to em etc. highly recommend him. There were 6 of us plus him, older daughter and driver. Went to Jaguar Rescue center and sev other places inc lunch @ a coastal restaurant.

Did a pvt tour in CR with Jose Ramirez. He's very good and is mentioned on these boards which is how I hooked up with him for our group. We have become FB friends and I hear from him regularly. He is bilingual and responds very promptly to em etc. highly recommend him. There were 6 of us plus him, older daughter and driver. Went to Jaguar Rescue center and sev other places inc lunch @ a coastal restaurant.

Do you have the website info for Jose?

His name is JORGE, not Jose. Jeez!! His em is jorgel.cr@hotmail dot com. Full name Jorge Luis Ramirez Morales.

Thank you - I'll put this in my notes for excursions. So often it seems like the private excursions are more interesting. Our last cruise was the first time we tried doing a private tour, and it was very successful. My DH liked what I had set up (sort of 1/2 of one mixed with 1/2 of another from the Princess menu) and said we should book that way more often.