opinion on upgrade offer please

lindya

upgrade/upsell fairy just called with an offer from our current midship, deck 2 interior, no window to a balcony on deck 6,7, or 8 for a total of $200 (2 people)....leaving this Saturday so I need to decide quick.....I have never had a balcony and it sounds good...just not sure if it is worth it...also, would it matter if it isn't midship and which should I pick if I have a choice? front,mid or back? and deck 6, 7 or 8?

upgrade/upsell fairy just called with an offer from our current midship, deck 2 interior, no window to a balcony on deck 6,7, or 8 for a total of $200 (2 people)....leaving this Saturday so I need to decide quick.....I have never had a balcony and it sounds good...just not sure if it is worth it...also, would it matter if it isn't midship and which should I pick if I have a choice? front,mid or back? and deck 6, 7 or 8?

$200 total to go from a inside to a balcony - I say go for it!!! We are in our first balcony and I've only been in insides before.. I'm very excited!!! Have a fun cruise!! We set sail on Sunday!! But leaving in 30 mins to head to the airport!! i've only sailed midship and our balcony is forward so I guess we will find out the difference on this cruise - Midship is the best otherwise aft would be my choices - not sure the ship your sailing on but check the deckplans and be on a deck that has cabins above and below you is also the best.. not under the galley or lido where you might here lots of movement or chairs.

Edited by jwlnroe

you didn't mention cruise length - but assuming out of galveston, 4-7 days, i'd do it either way and not think twice!

i've been front, mid and back and noticed little difference. if you're sensitive to motion / or concerned pick mid if it's an option.

deck 7 because it's between 2 passenger decks so assumed to be quiet if that's a concern... (deck 6 would be above the promenade)... or deck 8 to be just a flight of steps away from lido deck. i just had a deck 8 balcony on splendor under the lido dining areas and never heard a thing, and the convenience of being so close to lido was great, so that'd be my pick over 7.

it is 5 nights on Triumph to Coz and Prog...they told me the room had 35' more so is that a standard balcony? also has a sofa/sitting area... Also, I am an early am coffee drinker and hubby sleeps late, so I was thinking the balcony might be nice for me to enjoy..awfully tempting...hmmm?

also, would it matter if it isn't midship and which should I pick if I have a choice? front,mid or back? and deck 6, 7 or 8?

it is 5 nights on Triumph

Deck 7 for sure. Mid, aft, forward in order of preference.

You will have cabins above and below you on deck 7.

I did it!!!!!! deck 7 room 7353....I'm soooo excited..never had a balcony..this is our 3rd cruise!!!!!I hope it is on the right side to see the ports in the mornings, but if not, no big deal...BTW, the 35' extra is the balcony space...duh..lol

I did it!!!!!! deck 7 room 7353....I'm soooo excited..never had a balcony..this is our 3rd cruise!!!!!I hope it is on the right side to see the ports in the mornings, but if not, no big deal...BTW, the 35' extra is the balcony space...duh..lol

Great! $200 is a nice way to try out a balcony. You will enjoy it... how much? Now you will find out and can book accordingly in the future. I was worried though, I was reading through this thread thinking oh no! I hope it isn't gone by the time she calls back.

Bring this thread back after your cruise and let us know what you thought!

Great Deal, just to sit on a balcony and have coffee while hubby sleeps is worth 200.00. I bring my IPOD and sit out there listening to MY kind of music having MY time. You will have a great time!!!!!!:D

Great decision! Are you going to tell Hubby or let it be a surprise when you board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will definitely report back, and yes I had to tell him cause I didn't wanna spend that kinda money w/o telling him...and I also threw in that it could cover my Valentine's gift since it is primarily for me..along with a big PLEEEZE?..he gets as excited as me about this stuff so I wanted him to enjoy the anticipation too!!