As a Parent, What kid activities do you like the best?

IMKTDQT810

We will be sailing on Carnival and this will be the first time DS (9) will be on a cruise. I was telling him about different things that I read about (camp carnival) and I wondered what was something, as a parent, you know your kids like and look forward to. Even if it's something that gives you "adult time" while they are away. Thanks!!

We will be sailing on Carnival and this will be the first time DS (9) will be on a cruise. I was telling him about different things that I read about (camp carnival) and I wondered what was something, as a parent, you know your kids like and look forward to. Even if it's something that gives you "adult time" while they are away. Thanks!!

We have 2 DS's ages 5 & 8. They went on their first Carnival cruise last year (ages 4 & 7) and had a BLAST!!! We even gave them the option this year of a Disney World vacation and a cruise and they both chose the cruise. My older one got to play a lot of video games and had dance parties...no parents allowed. Both boys loved eating dinner in camp rather then going to the MDR. They colored T-shirts and signed everyone's T-shirt. They had a pirate afternoon. I know your 9 yr old will be in a different group (ages 9-11) and I don't have any information with that group. I think there was a scavenger hunt for the 9-11 year olds but that is the only thing I remember.

I think they just loved hanging out with the counselors (who were wonderful) and not having their parents around all the time. We picked them up often and took them swimming and they went to the different ports with us but they had so much fun at camp they hardly wanted to be with us.

Sorry it's not much info but it is what I have. We leave soon for our second cruise and the boys are pumped!!!

My 4 yr old most looks forward to the princess party & face painting. Probably not much help for you!

My favorite family time was the deck party. I danced outside with my 4 yr old until almost midnight (don't judge!). She loved it so much and we had a lot of fun together. Once the music started getting a bit raunchy we went to the midnight buffet and shared some nachos, then she wanted chocolate ice cream. Hey, like i said, don't judge- it's vacation! We went back to our room at 1am & both daddy & my 2 yr old son were snoring away. I loved my night with my little lady :)