2014-2015 Caribbean Itineraries

tequilasunrise

Anyone else bummed that the lineup next year is mostly quick trips and/or combinations of those with a turn-around in Fort Lauderdale? The really good Caribbean itineraries, the 10 day, are all Royal Princess :( :eek:

It might be ok for Europe, but what an awful ship for the Caribbean! There's just not enough open outdoor space and pool/promenade space for the passenger ratio, in my opinion, for a vacation that focuses on relaxing in the sun. I am not an early riser and it's my understanding that means, on Royal, that I won't be sitting by the pool because loungers will all be full before I get out of bed. Unless I pay, even more, for the sanctuary, but then I have to be quiet.

I know they are probably trying to compete with the clausterphobic but popular Oasis class. What they missed is that those ships aren't really about the ports and simple pool games, they're about serious onboard entertainment. That's where RCI trumps Princess. I guess it's RCI's smaller ships for Caribbean and Princess (my favorite) for exotics. Until they throw us a bone and put at least one decent outdoors ship on the itineraries going to the south part of the West Indies again. Bummer!

We are disappointed that there are no oceanview rooms on Royal. We try to keep cabin costs down so we have money to spend on excursions and other things so now our only choice is interior or balcony. Oh well. May have to start looking at other lines. Too bad as we really were getting to like Princess.

Edited by emeraldlake

There are some nice itineraries in December on the Ruby...

The Ruby is a nice ship :) For me, I'm looking at getting deeper into the Caribbean. I want Barbados, Antigua, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grenada, the ABC Islands, St. Lucia, etc. But those are decent 7 day itineraries for a little east/west trip for sure!

There are some nice itineraries in December on the Ruby...

Nina, did you cancel your Ruby cruise? Looks like you changed to Mexico.

OP, it does look like there are not as many options for good 7+ day cruises as there were before. I'd like to cruise the Royal but would prefer to do it when I wouldn't mind being in an inside cabin. In the Caribbean I really like having a balcony and the difference in cost on the Royal between the insides and balconies is pretty steep.

Edited by MichelleinOC

We are disappointed that there are no oceanview rooms on Royal. We try to keep cabin costs down so we have money to spend on excursions and other things so now our only choice is interior or balcony. Oh well. May have to start looking at other lines. Too bad as we really were getting to like Princess.

Inside rooms are not bad and you save money

I too am not happy with the Caribbean short cruises. i would like to see more and longer summer cruises but i guess i am one of the few who have the time because I do not have a job to worry about. princess has to attract more young folks who will be the passengers for the future.

Edited by dorisis

I too am not happy with the Caribbean short cruises. i would like to see more and longer summer cruises but i guess i am one of the few who have the time because I do not have a job to worry about. princess has to attract more young folks who will be the passengers for the future.

The young folks are on Carnival and RCI. I think that as you get older...you graduate to Princess & HAL and Celebrity. Just me perhaps.

I agree with you. I loved the Aruba..Cureso cruise on the Caribbean Princess and the Crown. We did both of them. It was a seven day cruise.

A Seven day to Barbados and Martinique. I bet it would book up and stay booked up for months. I would book it in a heartbeat.

We also did get balconies. now Princess has outlawed smoking on Balconies ( thank you Princess) and DH cannot sit out and chew his cigar anymore. We have an ocean view on the Plaza Deck ( by the I.C. hoo ray!) booked for November. the price difference for that cabin was not that much. but I have always wanted to stay on that deck.

The Ruby is a nice ship :) For me, I'm looking at getting deeper into the Caribbean. I want Barbados, Antigua, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grenada, the ABC Islands, St. Lucia, etc. But those are decent 7 day itineraries for a little east/west trip for sure!

Those are the islands we want to go to plus Trinidad. Princess does have a cruise with those ports departing late Dec and ends after New Years.It is a Holiday cruise ........... we are unable to get off work that time of year. Wish that Princess would have more cruises like this one offered different times of the year. BTW, it departs FLL on the Ocean Princess for a 14 day cruise on Dec 19,2014. Would book it in a second if they had another one during another time of year :D !

Edited by islandatsea