What are the best souvenirs to buy?

Cec77

At the port, or in the old town, you will find that jewelry (especially silver) is in abundant supply. I bought some really pretty pieces that I liked. Be aware that you CAN get them to come down on the price - especially in town. They will always shoot you something super high. I looked at one silver pendant w/tanzanite & diamonds that started off at $1600. By the time I walked away, I paid about $100. I realize that what I bought might not be "real" tanzanite BUT, I've bought jewelry before in Cozumel, and it has always stayed pretty. Look for the silver coated in rhodium (which doesn't tarnish). You can tell the difference. Some of the silver looks dull or already a little tarnished - it will be the very cheap stuff. You can talk to the people in the jewelry store on the ship, and they will give you a brief lesson about buying jewelry at any port - or they will have meetings on the ship, that will also play on your TV, that tells you what to look for.

There is also watches, T-shirts, typical Mexican trinkets, blankets, hammocks, etc.

What are the best souvenirs to buy in Cozumel? We will be going there for the first time in July!

I went to Cozumel this past November 2013. And absolutely loved a little kiosk they had at the port with hand painted goods by natives on the island. One of the most unique souvenirs I have ever bought was a small painting done by one of the men there with nothing but oil paints and his finger. Yes only oil paint and his hand, no brush at all! I collect magnets so he painted me a miniature painting as a magnet and I absolutely loved it! Check out the pictures.

I am going back to Cozumel in April and plan on stopping for something else.

431e85d7-b1d3-488e-af06-dbd523939bd0_zps1939e6f4.jpg4036a370-c5fd-4857-933a-8450610b06e5_zps42af48a9.jpg

f1eec044-e84f-467c-9c3f-de66ca477ab2_zpsfd4b0a94.jpg

Typical Carib trinkets but we always get a bottle or two of Mexican Vanilla. But be sure to read the label and get the pure stuff, not the kind with added Coumadin. Also check dates and get farthest off. It's great for cooking!

And t-shirts. I got one DD a set of hot sauces she really likes. Brought the other one back a chair hammock.

The little marble figurines are cute, usually get a couple small ones.

I love the pottery but have never brought anything back since flying. This time since we are driving to port may get some.

Edited by wantocruisemore

We buy Cava Antigua tequila. We like the mar mix, coffee, and anejo flavor. We also buy Mexican blankets(only like $5 or so), Xmas ornament, and kaokao brand chocolate---the dark chocolate is tasty and we love the jars of honey cocoa nibs. We have used driver for the day to go to the chocolate and tequila factories but I believe Los Cinco Soles sells all that stuff.