Grand Princess- Mid Aft (Oceanview Ostructed) or Aft (Int)

Honeymoon2010

We are looking to book the Grand Princess March 22nd sailing from San Fran to Hawaii. Usually DH and I just book an interior midship as I tend to get a bit seasick, but these are all sold out. Do you think I will be ok on an Interior Aft on deck 9,10, or 11, or will it definitely be worth the extra $$ (in terms of seasickness mainly) for an oceanview obstructed on emerald deck. It will be around an extra $300 for both of us, and since we don't really care too much about the view, I would love to have that money to spend elsewhere unless it will make a significant difference.

Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

We are looking to book the Grand Princess March 22nd sailing from San Fran to Hawaii. Usually DH and I just book an interior midship as I tend to get a bit seasick, but these are all sold out. Do you think I will be ok on an Interior Aft on deck 9,10, or 11, or will it definitely be worth the extra $$ (in terms of seasickness mainly) for an oceanview obstructed on emerald deck. It will be around an extra $300 for both of us, and since we don't really care too much about the view, I would love to have that money to spend elsewhere unless it will make a significant difference.

Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

Welcome to your first post on CC

I think if your worried about seasickness go with the midship cabins. Otherwise you would always be second guessing yourself in case it was rough.

Have a great Hawaii cruise

There are no mid ship passenger stairs above deck 7 on the Grand so if you go with the OV on Emerald deck you'll be condemned to waiting for elevators or walking fore or aft.

I always book an aft OV obstr on the Grand on Emerald deck and there is no real problem with movement (I am sensitive to seasickness) so you should be fine with an aft interior on Dolphin deck. The only problem with aft cabins is that the stern thrusters are noisy so you'll always know when you are docking! It's not noisy when cruising the open ocean, only when docking.

I know you stated that the view wasn't important but if you are at all curious what the view is like for an available obstructed view cabin the following is a great site to get this information.;)

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

Here's the difference in view between two same category cabins that were available to us for our upcoming Ruby Princess cruise .:eek:

EmeraldE618.jpg?height=300&width=400

E702%20Ruby.jpg?height=266&width=400

We chose the cabin with the view shown in the second shot and both were obstructed view, cat OY cabins. Actually the second shot had to be taken at a downward angle from the window in order to show the obstruction which was about six feet below the window. I know this because I took many of these shots on Rugy's sister ship, the Emerald Princess, and supplied them to Theo who put the above site together. :D

Edited by robtulipe