Questions about Viking's Paris and the Heart of Normandy

Rufusk

Hi all,

Last fall we did Viking's Grand European Tour from Budapest to Amsterdam (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1932164). We had a wonderful time and are considering doing another Viking cruise, this time the Paris and Heart of Normandy one.

I have a mobility issue and when we went on the Grand European I took a small mobility scooter (TravelScoot). I was able to use it on all the planes and on most of the excursions on the Viking cruise (the only one I didn't was to Malbork Castle; I sat it out). There was no issue with its use and since it's smaller and lighter than a manual wheelchair it was easily carried on the buses when we went on excursions.

Now to my questions. I'd like to bring the TravelScoot on this next cruise. On the Grand European they had various groups, including a slow walking group that tried to avoid hills, steps etc. Sometimes we joined this one.

• Do they offer the slow walking group on the Paris and the Heart of Normandy cruise?
  • Are most of the excursions on relatively flat land or are they all up and down stairs?
  • Were there big buses taken that had a cargo hold? (when I took the TravelScoot on the excursions we just popped it in the cargo hold - the scoot only weighs 30 lbs)
  • Does anyone have any specifics on the excursions?
  • Do you foresee any issues with using a small mobility scooter on this particular cruise?

Thanks very much, in advance for your responses.

... I was able to use it on all the planes and on most of the excursions on the Viking cruise (the only one I didn't was to Malbork Castle; I sat it out).

Hi Rufusk,

I enjoyed reading your review. We did the Danube river cruise last year. It was amazing.

We will do the Paris & Normandy cruise in July on AmaWaterways. It's been fun doing the research.

Do you mean Marksburg Castle? I visited Malbork Castle while in Poland. :)

Have fun planning your trip!