Spirit of Iberia in mid April

My friend and I are looking at 2 cruises this April. Due to timings of when we can go it's probably a choice of the Spirit of Iberia on the Majesty vs Delights of the Promised land, first one on 10th April, 2nd one on 9th April.

Our first choice is probably the Promised Land as we would like to visit Israel. However looking at the Iberian cruise it's coming in at around £200 per person cheaper so certainly a good price.

Has anyone done the Iberian (or similar) cruise in mid April? We were wondering about the weather - perhaps not as warm as the promised Land cruise? Still places we would both like to see though.

We have been on the Spirit (and Celebration) before so know what to choose, cabin wise. We have never been on the Majesty though so looking for a few pointers there if possible, e.g. what deck would you choose?, any particular cabin? The general opinion on here seems to be to go for a plus cabin - we have chosen the deluxe cabins on the Spirit and Celebration and really liked them.

Anything else you can help out with would be great.

We were on the Dream at the end of April last year and have to say the weather was not good at the start(in the Atlantic) but improved as we got into May and the Mediterranean.

We loved the Majesty, but definitely have a plus cabin as they are bigger and have more cupboard space. The standard cabins have only one wardrobe :eek::D

I think we had 446 which was a 4 berth, and quite central and near the lifts. It was quiet and we had a lovely cabin steward :)

Have you seen the cabin reviews on here? I have bumped it up for you.

We are on Majesty 10th April for 2 weeks, I would think the weather will be colder than over Israel way, but hopefully in the low to mid 20's.

We are doing it mainly for the itinerary, Cadiz and Lisbon are lovely, and easy to DIY. This will be good for you if on a budget.

If you go to Israel you will not want to miss the trip to Jerusalem and Bethlehem so this will cost you around £100 each. Well worth the money though.

We like the Majesty, others on here are not so keen though for their various reasons.

As Linda says, you need a plus cabin. Deck 3 was fine for us last time and we are booked on 4 this time. I suggest a midships cabin in case the route up to Lisbon gets a bit choppy.

agree on the plus cabins on maj...we had a plus it was spacious enough for us

we did promised land in november last year the weather was lovely...sunny & warm daytimes both in israel & turkey...but a little breezy in the evenings...we enjoyed this itinerary a lot

cant compare with the other itinerary you mention as havnt been on it

Thanks everyone - your posts will help.

I think the Promised Land is still likely to be the one we choose - just waiting a couple of weeks to see if the price falls a bit further. When booking Red Sea Magic last year, the best price was around mid February. Waiting to see if this does something similar.

The better weather does appeal more at the moment although both cruises sound like interesting itineries.

Any more comments welcome.