Carnival Valor Aft Room #6454

aklindarn

I have reserved this room for me, my husband and 15 yo daughter. It is a balcony on the aft of the the Valor. Cruising 19 March 2006. My PVP at Carnival told me this was a great balcony as it is bigger than the other balconies on the sides of the ship. I have read many good reports on the 6452 and 6483 rooms having huge wrap-around balconies. Those rooms don't sleep 3 so won't work for us. Anyone with experience with the 6 aft balcony rooms?

Just curious as it has been since 1982 honeymoon cruise since we have cruised!

Thanks to all in advance.:)

We stayed on the Upper deck on the Victory (6440) Miracle 6262 (and the Voyager 8292) Coming up- Destiny- 635 something

Yes, the balcony is bigger then a side one. cabins are the same size. It is a farther walk to the elevator but it is very quiet in the hal;lways as people tned not to go where they dont have to. Your cabin is the closest to the water- and the sounds is awesome. But you are ontop of the loiunge-- dont stress like I did thinking it was gonna be a noisy cabin--its not and we heard nothing all week.

Very few cabins hold 3 people on the afts- I think yours in the opnly cabin that does.

We booked 7434 on the Liberty for February. (check out that balcony on the deck plans

I just came of the Valor and had cabin 6483 & 6481. 6483 did have the wrap around balcony and it was huge !!! We were able to open up the divider between our two cabins and increasethe balcony size of both cabins. The true Aft cabins are the smae size across as your room but are deeper than the side balconies. The only problem some people have with the Aft balconies is that the divider dosen't go straight uo and down, it's slanted which means people on either side can look all the way across from left to right and see inside some of your balcony. While it may be somewhat of a longer walk to the elevators and steps to us it was well worth it becasue the traffic noise was less than a side room. Hope this helps,

Jim

• 1 year later...

On our cruise last year we had an aft balcony and thought it was great. So this year we booked another aft balcony. On the Valor it appears that 6454 is the only aft balcony that can fit 3 people. Last year our aft did not have a couch and my son's bed slid under the bed during the day. Not having the couch was not a big deal but losing the space under the bed for suit cases made for storage issues. (I pack way to much!)

Anybody know if this cabin has a couch/bed?

what cabin/ship did you sail last time that there was no sofa in there.

All the ships you have sailed in the past have allowed you to have a rollaway bed. (the Valor does not so the third person will have a bed.

6454 has a convertible sofa.. the back comes off and its made to a bed. SOme of these sofas have two drawers underneath so make sure you check.

you are correct..On the Victory last year we had a rollaway bed.. maybe you are right that there was a couch...heck I dont remember.. I only remember losing the under the bed space for suit case storage due to the rollaway bed!

Glad to hear we will have the under the bed space this year!

Thanks again.... you are the aft balcony queen!

its hard for me to sail elsewhere on a ship-- I tried a side one on the Liberty--on of those L shaped cabin since the room is supposed to be bigger.. WAAAA

boy am I spoiled by the aft.

Serene you said something in your reponse about Valor not allowing rollaway beds. I assume this is the reason my choices were so limited as to rooms? I tried pricing a 9A this time and the websites would not even show me the option with 3 people. Any idea why this trend in the newer ships? Are the making more rooms for 3 people? Or does it have something to do with this ship having more capicity than the Triumph and Victory and therefore less 3 people rooms allowed?

there was some kind of rule back then that allowed for rollaways. Any ship that was built during that time are the only ones allowed rollaways.

Today-- no new ships-- just not carnival have no rollaways.

as for checking for 3 people in a cabin just because you dont see a cabin as being available dont meanit isnt. try puttin gcabin numbers in the availabity. cabins are sometimes on hold with agents. Cruiselines will nyl show 709 available at any given time. You have ot look at the deckplans to see what cabins hold 3 people inorder to look to see if the cabin is availlable.

But most corner cabins either a 9A or the 11 on the spirts only hold 2 people. Very few cabins on the aft hold 3. (I think 2 do)

Archived