Disney Fantasy Toddler questions

ajuaa1971

Can you give us any idea what you are interested in?

Grand Cayman--turtle farm. You can book privately thru Boatswain's (which will include transportation), do it as part of a tour thru Captain Marvin's (again, transportation included, but island tour will be boring for 4 year old. The advantage of this is that they will drop you at a beach on the way home if you wish).

Cozumel--there is a shopping center right at the pier. There is usually a guy with a burro there--you pay to pet, sit on, or get a picture taken. Beach--Paradise beach is free, pay for whatever rentals you want. Taxi round trip is $30 per taxi (not per person).

Are you stopping at Key West? Little aquarium right at the dock area. Ride the hop on, hop off trolley around the island.

My logic would be to stay near the dock at all ports so if kid is too hot, decompensates, or whatever you can easily return to the ship. Keep excursions short and fun!

We just did the Western with our 4 1/2 year old daughter. At Cozumel we got a taxi to Paradise Beach. There was a $2 per adult charge to use the beach/pool and you were supposed to spend another $10pp on food. The beach was nice - and the pool was great. Really enjoyed our day there.

At Grand Cayman we took a tour from the dock (did not pre-book). We were brought to the Turtle Farm (our daughter loved getting in the tank with the turtles) and then dropped at the beach for about an hour and a half. We didn't have a lot of time in Grand Cayman and the tender process took sooo long. I'd be careful about booking anything on your own for anything less than 90 minutes after the ship stops. You can easily book something once you get off the ship - even just go directly to the beach - they have shuttles.

At Costa Maya we went with Native Choice to the ruins. It was really interesting and my daughter did enjoy climbing the ruins and seeing the monkeys. May not be for all kids though - it's a longish trip to the ruins.

They may just enjoy going to the beach....

You are correct--I read that they had started charging for admission at Paradise Beach. Last time we were there, it was free. SOrry.

They also increased the charge for the "all non-motorized water toys" bracelet. Used to be $10, don't remember what they increased it to.

They do have packages that the cab drivers will often try to sell you. You don't need to buy one, and they are likely to include things you don't want.

My advise is to Just stay on the Ship We are Booked on the Eastern cruise and that is my intention as the ship wont be as crowded an I think the kids will have loads of fun on the ship they are 2 & 4

Plus you wont have to pay extra for Shore excursions

Enjoy your Cruise

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

My advise is to Just stay on the Ship We are Booked on the Eastern cruise and that is my intention as the ship wont be as crowded an I think the kids will have loads of fun on the ship they are 2 & 4

Plus you wont have to pay extra for Shore excursions

Enjoy your Cruise

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

With little ones, this is often the best option! We feel the ship is a destination in itself. Staying on board allows you to eat safely, be as warm or cool as you like, etc.

That said, if I had to choose one thing, it would be the turtle farm.

Our son had just turned 3 when we went last summer. In Grand Cayman, we did the Turtle farm. Hopefully in October your weather will be cooler. I also think which guide you get makes a difference. Ours did not explain as much as the others near us seemed to be.

In Cozumel, we did the Discover Mexico ruins/cultural center tour. He enjoyed the bus ride (A/C lol). He would have liked the ruins, but again, it was just too hot/humid for him. At the cultural center, we were inside for a short video and got to see some art work which he liked a lot. And then after lunch, they provided a piñata for the kids, which was great fun since there weren't too many kids there.

My question doesn't pertain to only the Fantasy, but more to Dream or Magic and I would wager a bet that in actuality, the answer to my question pertains to all the Disney ships.

Question: If we take our little one before she turns 3, will we have to pay for her time in the nursery? IOW, it's my understanding that the kids clubs start at age 3. What kind of day programs are available for toddlers that are under age 3 but are not infants? (She walks, talks and will likely be potty trained before our cruise).

Thanks!

A child who is within 30 days of turning 3 AND fully potty trained can go to the Oceaneer's Club at no charge. WIth younger kids, it is up to the supervisor of the OC whether they have space to allow a trial for a younger one.

For kids not trained, the nursery is $8 per hour (but remember that you only pay 1/2 of the normal child fare to bring an "under 3" on the ship). There are family activities, "toddler time" each morning, and open house hours when you can take your little one to the OC.