Belize question

Shayneele

Does anyone know if there is a beach excursion in Belize where some of us can parasail and some of us can just enjoy the beach?

Hubby and a few of the people going don't want to parasail. Maybe 5 out of 11 wanna do it. I figured a beach day would work for this.

If anyone knows of any please let me know.

thanks

We were just on the Carnival Magic a couple of weeks ago in Belize. I didn't hear of anyone that said they did any beach activities or para sailing in Belize, and I didn't see anyone on the water doing it when we took tenders. Not saying they don't do it somewhere - but I don't think its very prevalent there.

We took a snorkel excursion in Belize to Sergeant Caye through the ship, but we weren't that impressed. If we had it to do again, we would do a land excursion - to the ruins, cave tubing, zip lining or something like that. Land excursions appear to be the thing to do at this port. Belize doesn't really have any beaches that I've heard of. The Caye's (little islands) don't really have much of a beach - but you might find an excursion through your ship that offers something.

I think I would advise taking a ship excursion for anything you decide on in Belize, because the tender times take up a lot of your day, and you wouldn't want to miss your ship here. Even the people on our ship that took the cave tubing excursion through the ship barely made the last tender, and the ship waited past the sail-away for them to get on the ship. The ship anchors quite a ways from the shore, and tender into shore takes about 20-25 minutes. Our snorkel excursion was through the ship, and they picked us up at the ship, so that cut out having to tender into land, and then catch another boat.

If you want to para sail - I would say do it in Roatan or Cozumel (if your ship is going there). I would say Cozumel for sure is great for para sailing or other water sports . They have a lot of those type excursions.

Roatan has many awesome excursions too. We went snorkeling and it was probably the most beautiful place we've ever snorkeled. Grand Cayman was pretty too - but Roatan was gorgeous.

Edited by 2Okies