Violence and Demonstrations in Bangkok

Morrey

I have friends going on Northbound Asian Allure in March. Does anyone know if they are planning on changing the IT.

Crystal has already changed some of their IT to avoid the area.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/multimedia/vdo/thailand/392552/bangkok-protests-defying-the-threat-of-violence

You might have better luck getting an answer on the Royal Caribbean site. Good luck.:)

I was there in December and they post when and where they are going to happen.

They do no occur where you want to go as tourist, spent 7 days and once saw a few demonstrators out side the edge of Klong Toey a large wet market in the slums.

Not a place most tourists go.

I have friends going on Northbound Asian Allure in March. Does anyone know if they are planning on changing the IT.

I am currently in Singapore and will board sister ship--Azamara Journey--on Monday... Our itinerary calls for a double overnight in Bangkok--specifically, we'll dock right in town at Khlong Toey--from 6 through 8 February... While I'm sure the viability of our visit [Millennium is also scheduled to visit Bangkok next week but ports several hours outside town] remains fluid in the context of reaction to tomorrow's elections, we have not been advised of an itinerary change thus far...

I do know that Journey did call at Bangkok as scheduled earlier this week and, per the tour operator I've engaged, they did conduct the tours that had been planned by guests currently aboard Journey without difficulty [the unrest--at least until now--has seemingly been centered away from the primary tourist sites]...

I suspect that your question may be a bit early in terms of what may ultimately happen during a cruise in March...