Would you take dunns river falls and shaw park or drfalls with Bamboo Beach tour?

maryh307

DH and I will be on RC ship in March. Two tours are same price about 6 1/2 to 7 hours long. Both have lunch included as well as Dunn's River Falls. One goes to Shaw Park and the other goes to Bamboo Beach Club. Which would you select?

Thanks

Edited by maryh307

Last month we walked off the ship at Ocho Rios and just negotiated for a minivan for six of us for the day. Our driver took us to Dunn's River Falls, then to lunch at some place where I'm sure he got a free meal, and then to the Bamboo Beach Club. Admission to Bamboo Beach Club was free, and they put our driver's license plate number on our bracelets. So again, he got some sort of kickback based on our orders, which is fine with me.

If I were doing it again I would go directly from Dunn's to Bamboo Beach and eat lunch there. The cost of a mini-van with driver for the day was $150. We liked our driver and tipped him $50. I have to say it wasn't the best minivan, and the air conditioner didn't work all that well, but it really wasn't all that hot. The admission to Dunn's was $20 each.

One kind of odd thing. After we negotiated for the minivan we got on a boat and and took a short boat ride to get to the minivan. My guess is they were able to avoid some type of fee by doing this.

Personally, I can't stand the thought of taking a "ship's tour." It seems to me to be cheaper to be in total control, so why not go in comfort at your own pace?

Oh, and we really liked Dunn's River Falls, and Bamboo Beach was nice with no hustlers.

Edited by Mississippian