Casablanca Hotel

iknbrgr

My wife and I will be arriving in San Juan March 5 2014. We are booked at the Casablanca Hotel on Calle Fortaleza in Old San Juan. We will be there pre-cruise until the 9th. Anyone ever stayed there? Any thoughts ? Good or bad. Any good restaurants in the area?:)

Thanks

Dennis and Ann

We enjoyed the Casablanca. It has a lot of personality and is not your modern hotel with 4 white walls and every room alike.

All the best restaurants are on the same street with most of them within one block. All the attractions are nearby. From the patio on the top floor you can see the whole Old San Juan area including the forts and your cruise ship.

862218296_DSC06039(Large).jpg.76a92e026bdc70238c3064c9c9c9668c.jpg

258344584_DSC06051(Large).jpg.a664667b6e9170b3294db8847ea1d552.jpg

1922505254_DSC06052(Large).jpg.df8d70698cd4418b14ed768c5beabd07.jpg

My wife and I will be arriving in San Juan March 5 2014. We are booked at the Casablanca Hotel on Calle Fortaleza in Old San Juan. We will be there pre-cruise until the 9th. Anyone ever stayed there? Any thoughts ? Good or bad. Any good restaurants in the area?:)

Thanks

Dennis and Ann

Stayed at Casablanca precruise 01/23-01/25. Great little boutique hotel. Room was nicely decorated and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant a few mornings. Really enjoyed it. I had fruit and yogurt nod DH enjoyed the oatmeal. Our best dinner was at Cafe Puerto Rico. Excellent food and great prices. 2 drinks, 2 dinners coffee and dessert for under $50. Exit the hotel and walk right down Calle Fortaleza. Take a left at the next block and it is in the left across from Plaza de Colon.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by cruisin' kls