Have you had your dining reservations cancelled when you pre-booked?

bte567

I pre-booked 2 dinners on the first day we were able to do so for our cruise next week. When I logged in over the weekend, the reservation no longer exists for one of the dinners. When I called, the person told me that for some reason the restaurant is not available for the entire time during the cruise and all it showed on her end was that it looked like we paid twice for our other dining reservation.

She asked if she could book us at a different spot and then was basically like, “oh well none of the other restaurants have any availability during the time window you were looking for. Sorry.” Obviously, the frustrating part is not being able to just pick an alternate spot—we were booked at Le Bistro, but we’d be fine with some of the other options.

I couldn’t find an email address that seemed appropriate for this type of inquiry, so I sent an email to the Latitudes address and one to the cruise organizer (this is a chartered “Special Event” sailing)…but rather than stressing/being annoyed now, I am thinking trying to address this when we board may be our best bet?? Am I correct that they do not pre-book all available reservations?

This just so happens to be a dinner falling on Valentine’s Day and we were really hoping to do a nice specialty dinner. I just thought I’d see if anyone else had ever had this happen!

I don't know about cancellations but any way only a fraction (some say about a third) of tables are available for pre-purchases, so you can 99% get reservations made if you do them immediately after boarding.

I thought that was a possibility as well, so that's why I emailed the organizer...no response yet, so I'm assuming there's not an easy answer. There aren't any public events posted to be held there.

We will hopefully be able to just book somewhere else after boarding, but hopefully they realize this is frustrating that NCL wouldn't have sent me a message to tell me they were essentially cancelling the reservation, I just happen to notice that only one dinner showed up on our itinerary.

Edited by bte567

Hello bte567

Hopefully I can give you a reasonable explanation why your reservation was cancelled on valentines day at Le Bistro. Having cruised numerous times during the month of February aboard NCL ships, the cruise line has a fleet wide special dinner on valentines day. It is usually at Le Bistro and the price increases significantly, around 49 or 59 dollars per person. It includes a glass of champagne, wine and special meal. The 20 dollar per person price menu is not honored on Feb 14.