What Happens if you Leave Something Onboard?

zaknzoey

If something was left in the stateroom, does RC contact the person to whom the room was registered? This is assuming of course, that someone was honest enough to turn it in.

Would YOU need to contact RC? Do they just automatically ship the items to you?

How does this work? Just off a cruise and a friend left something in the room.

Thanks!

I would get your friend to contact RCI as soon as possible and let them know. They can then communicate with the ship to see if anything was handed in. I doubt that RCI would automatically return items, they would need to be claimed.

Hope your friend gets their item back :)

If something was left in the stateroom, does RC contact the person to whom the room was registered? This is assuming of course, that someone was honest enough to turn it in.

Thanks!

Here is the number for post cruise issues which would include the Lost & Found Department 1-800-256-6649.

For lost personal items you can also email the cruiseline at luggageemail at rccl.com. They say to allow five business days for a response.

Btw, if an item such as clothing was left behind, it will likely just be donated by the cruiseline, not kept for Lost & Found. A friend's sister took her very old beloved baby blanket on a cruise, and it disappeared. She thinks it was gathered up with the bedding, and was never located. :( I misplaced a pair of prescription glasses during a cruise, and got them back five months after the cruise! (I had my business card in the case). I have no idea where they were all that time, but nice to have them returned. Good luck to your friend regarding the missing item.

p.s. Patti, what an adorable little grandbaby you have! :)

For lost personal items you can also email the cruiseline at luggageemail at rccl.com. They say to allow five business days for a response.

Btw, if an item such as clothing was left behind, it will likely just be donated by the cruiseline, not kept for Lost & Found. A friend's sister took her very old beloved baby blanket on a cruise, and it disappeared. She thinks it was gathered up with the bedding, and was never located. :( I misplaced a pair of prescription glasses during a cruise, and got them back five months after the cruise! (I had my business card in the case). I have no idea where they were all that time, but nice to have them returned. Good luck to your friend regarding the missing item.

p.s. Patti, what an adorable little grandbaby you have! :)

Thank you so much. Can't believe he'll be 6 months old this month!

BTW, thanks for the email address above. Another address to add to my reference file.:D

Thanks!

I don't know what you left behind, but when my daughter left a top we were told items left behind goes to charity. Two weeks ago I was on a B2B and left a book in the room. I went back 1/2 hour after leaving the room and the book was already in the trash. I waited around until they went through the trash and retrieved my book.

Good Luck

Thank you so much. Can't believe he'll be 6 months old this month!

BTW, thanks for the email address above. Another address to add to my reference file.:D

You're welcome Patti! Aww, 6 months, your grandson is such a cutie! :)

Experience #1 When we got off the AOS last week on 1/26/14, I hadn't even gone down the elevator in the terminal building before I realized that I had left prescription medications in the bathroom. :eek:

My husband immediately went back to the room to try and retrieve it and they were already thrown in the trash! The steward knew where the trash from the rooms in his area was deposited though and he and my husband was able to retrieve my medicines (including painkillers).

My husband said that there were 5 bags of items collected from that hallway that people had left in their rooms. I'm not sure if they were going to go through this stuff later and put it in the lost&found or if it would have gone to the incinerator.

Experience #2 (Carnival Dream on 10/12) My husband realized he left his iphone in the room as we were waiting for transportation. He went back up to try and retrieve it and no one had seen it. He filled paperwork for lost and found but it never turned up. He blacklisted it with Apple and no one ever tried to reactivate it that they were aware of.

SO, in my experiences, it's not a given that your items will be saved for you. :( Be smart and double and triple check and then have your spouse check one more time before you walk out.

Edited by Messunderstood

Not left on ship but we left a bag at the port in Bayonne once and just as we were hitting the turnpike my son calls to tell us that RCCL called about the left behind bag. We made a U turn and retrieved it. It only had about 1000.$ worth of shoes in it.

Joni

I think I read on the Departure Info letter that RCL has no responsibility for anything left in the room. I would think that unless it was obviously something very valuable, it would be thrown out with the rest of the garbage when they are cleaning the room for the next cruise.

After we pack all our bags and everything is stacked by the door ready to be carried to the departure lounge, we go through the room and look in every drawer, cabinet and under the furniture, TWICE....

Thanks!

If it's clothing, they won't return it. I called the 800 number for lost and found and told the young lady on the other end what I had left. She apologized and said they did not return clothes. I was really pissed off at myself because it was a really nice, long, blue jean (light blue) coat that my sister had given me. I'm still hurting over the fact that they would not return it:mad:. I guess from now on, I just won't bring anything I care that much about in case I leave it behind:(. Good luck to your friend in getting his/her item:)