Celebrity Millenium 10th May 2014..Yokohama to Vancouver

Rodbarry

Hey all,

Looks like we have a trivia team. :) Never having been on Celebrity, I do not know what there max number for team is. On most of our other cruises it has been 6. So now we have 3 weeks to come up with a team name. Safe travels to all and see you around the ship

Regards,

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi All - If you don't mind 2 more for lunch we'd like to join you as well if you don't mind it not being an all male lunch date. We are Ellen and MaryLynn and look forward to meeting you all on board.

Hello Ellen and MaryLynn

Welcome girls, we are getting quite a sizeable group now, may even need 2 tables!!..see you on Day 2 if not at the Celebrity party

Regards

Rod and Barry

I know it's impossible to predict the weather but we have been in southeastern China since April 13 and the weather has been unseasonably cool. Daytime highs have ranged from mid 60s to mid 70s. Since Tokyo is farther north it could delay the opening of the cherry blossoms which would be a plus. In any case my shorts and most warm weather clothes have yet to be removed from my suitcase.

Jay and Al in Yangshuo China

Two more for lunch on the 11th if there is room.

Hi Tim & Dale

Well done! Join us, now we are 14. We'll have 2 tables, probably, in order to chat easily..shall make a list of everyone tomorrow

Regards

Rod and Barry

Hi Tim & Dale

Well done! Join us, now we are 14. We'll have 2 tables, probably, in order to chat easily..shall make a list of everyone tomorrow

Regards

Rod and Barry

Hi everyone

7 days to go! Last week, how good is that!

We have 14 for lunch on day 2 at 12.30 in the MDR...we shall book.

List is Jay & Al, Lee & Noboru, Tom & Al, Ellen & MaryLynn, Peter & Larch, Tim & Dale, Rod & Barry

Safe travelling for everyone, no doubt some have left/are leaving soon for extra time in Japan..see you all there :)

Regards

Rod & Barry

Hi All - We are thinking about packing as we leave on Wed. Not looking forward to the long flight, but at least we are non-stop from Denver. I wanted to share this site just in case you haven't seen it. It will give you the current weather along our route although you never know until you get there, but it should be pretty close to what we can expect. Ellen

http://cruiseoutlook.com/reports/all

Rod and Barry,

Thanks for collecting the names for Lunch.

Ellen,

Thanks for the link it will help with our packing. Which I have not started and we leave on Monday. :)

See you all on board.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone,

Just found this active roll call today. I looked for one a few months ago and nothing was happening yet, and then forgot about it.

Of course, we're looking forward to the trip; since we've done a couple of transatlantics it would be nice to have a change of itinerary. We avoid the generic Caribbean itineraries and prefer something a bit more exotic. Our most recent cruise last November was on Azamara Transatlantic from Seville to Fort Lauderdale. (Tom & Al, hope you don't mind the copy/paste, but it cannily applied to us:cool:).

We are three friends from Amsterdam, arriving in Tokyo on the 8th. My name is Bas.

The luncheon sounds like a fun idea, but I can't speak for my friends so cannot confirm our attendance. Will see you all at the Martini Bar for drinks anyway.

Safe travels all,

Bas, on behalf of Rudolf and Dick.

Edited by firsttimeCUNARDER

And here I was wondering why the G&L Roll Call I stared back in August wasn't getting any traffic... DOH! Well, I am happy there's a Family discussion somewhere! :D

Will catch up ASAP.

We are Wayne and Matt, travelling with Wayne's parents. I think we've now sailed twice with Jay and Al (unplanned). Will look and see if any other familiar names are on this list.

Have to go finish packing (we leave on Tuesday for Seattle and then fly on Wednesday to Narita via DFW) before Wayne hits me again with the "look of death." :p

Matt

Hi there,

Slow indeed I have been, in not checking earlier the GLBT roll call...

So, we are busy packing today, having just returned from a 33 days cruise from buenos aires to vancouver yesterday...

Any L women on this cruise?

If not, can we be the token ones of your group? :)we will be in 1141, as we, weirdly enough , like rough waters , and the higher, the more it rocks.!!! :Dhopefully we can connect.

Ellen & MaryLynn, I recognize your ScreenName and names and see we were all on the 2010 Century Spring TA. I believe that was also where we first met Jay and Al.

Funny how this all works out--I guess "Trans" :D (-Atlantic, -Pacific) cruisers tend to gravitate to the same itineraries (and have a mutual love of sea days).

Looking forward to getting re-acquainted with past and acquainted with present cruisers.

This will be our fourth 14+ days cruise--all on Celebrity and all accompanied by Wayne's parents. We've sailed twice on the oldest & smallest ship--Century (TA, San Diego-Hawaii RT)--and once on the newest & biggest ship--Reflection (TA). Reflection was beautiful but was missing the warmth of Century. We have been told by many that we will really love the Mid-point Millennium class ships and we're looking forward to trying it on for "size".

Our plans for Hokadate are to explore the city on our own. We're a little unispired by Muraran, but we really don't feel like schlepping to Sapporo. So if anyone gets some good local info, we'd love to know.

In Petropavlovsk, we've decided not to patronize a place that doesn't want us, and I would rather not risk getting arrested for saying something against Putin or accidentally showing affection to Wayne. BTW, from everything I can find, you won't even be allowed on a tender without either a tour ticket or evidence of a visa and "invitation" from shore. Again, a place makes it so difficult to visit/enjoy does not deserve my hard-earned rubles and kopeks. Some day, if Russia is ever a (semi)free land, we'll go see St. Petersburg.

We'll enjoy an extra "sea day" aboard ship. Maybe put up a rainbow flag in our window. ;)

Matt

Rod and Barry,

Thanks for collecting the names for Lunch.

Ellen,

Thanks for the link it will help with our packing. Which I have not started and we leave on Monday. :)

See you all on board.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

looking forward to getting to meet you all! see you at lunch, TBA, second day at sea, right? leaving monday am, staying in yokohoma pan pacific bay hotel tokyu.

looking forward to getting to meet you all! see you at lunch, TBA, second day at sea, right? leaving monday am, staying in yokohoma pan pacific bay hotel tokyu.

hi Lavenderrabbit..no names yet!!:) So you are joining us, great, 12.30 day 2 MDR that makes 16...Wayne & Matt was yours a yes also or still considering?

Rod and BArry

Rod,

Yes, definitely count us in.

Matt

Sent from my LGMS769 using Forums mobile app

OK, thought so, didn't want to presume! Great now we are 18 for lunch...have you ever been in such a G&L gathering before? Ours have usually been smaller numbers, so we will have a grand time! :)

Rod and Barry

Just catching up on the board and we are delighted that the group has grown beyond expectations. We have one more day in China and then will say goodbye to Chinese food for at least a year. We are flying from Shanghai to Tokyo Haneda on Wednesday. Only one minor bout of disagreeable stomach problems from some questionable food which these days in China is a pretty good record.

Now what about all those radiated fish from the beautiful waters of Fukushima??

Jay and Al in Suchow, China

Ellen & MaryLynn, I recognize your ScreenName and names and see we were all on the 2010 Century Spring TA. I believe that was also where we first met Jay and Al.

Funny how this all works out--I guess "Trans" :D (-Atlantic, -Pacific) cruisers tend to gravitate to the same itineraries (and have a mutual love of sea days).

Looking forward to getting re-acquainted with past and acquainted with present cruisers.

This will be our fourth 14+ days cruise--all on Celebrity and all accompanied by Wayne's parents. We've sailed twice on the oldest & smallest ship--Century (TA, San Diego-Hawaii RT)--and once on the newest & biggest ship--Reflection (TA). Reflection was beautiful but was missing the warmth of Century. We have been told by many that we will really love the Mid-point Millennium class ships and we're looking forward to trying it on for "size".

Our plans for Hokadate are to explore the city on our own. We're a little unispired by Muraran, but we really don't feel like schlepping to Sapporo. So if anyone gets some good local info, we'd love to know.

In Petropavlovsk, we've decided not to patronize a place that doesn't want us, and I would rather not risk getting arrested for saying something against Putin or accidentally showing affection to Wayne. BTW, from everything I can find, you won't even be allowed on a tender without either a tour ticket or evidence of a visa and "invitation" from shore. Again, a place makes it so difficult to visit/enjoy does not deserve my hard-earned rubles and kopeks. Some day, if Russia is ever a (semi)free land, we'll go see St. Petersburg.

We'll enjoy an extra "sea day" aboard ship. Maybe put up a rainbow flag in our window. ;)

Matt

Hi -We remember meeting you on what seems like a long ago cruise. You are so right since that time we've done many more "trans" cruises. We are still in touch with Alex and Harry from that cruise and see them every time we get to NY. Ellen

Now that the luncheon group is large we need to consider the best way to divide up so that we get to know each other. Tables that seat more than six make good conversation difficult so I suggest three tables of

six and perhaps some kind of switching between courses. And perhaps couples shouldn't sit together. I leave it to the more mathematically inclined to work out the formula.

Jay and Al

Now that the luncheon group is large we need to consider the best way to divide up so that we get to know each other. Tables that seat more than six make good conversation difficult so I suggest three tables of

six and perhaps some kind of switching between courses. And perhaps couples shouldn't sit together. I leave it to the more mathematically inclined to work out the formula.

Jay and Al

Hi everyone, so we will have 18 and as Jay & Al suggest maybe 3x6 at tables is better for conversation, we aren't really fussed as long as we enjoy it! Not sure about couples not sitting together at first..let's just go with the flow and see what people want to do. See you all Saturday!

Rod and Barry

Hi everyone,

We are George and Matt, we would like to go to the luncheon if there are room available.

Hi George and Matt, well well last minute entrants! Yes of course you're welcome. We are now 20 and we'll see if there are any advances on the first day, otherwise we'll book for that. 12.30pm 2nd day in dining room. Any queries we are in 2027

Rushing to pack

See you all there

Rod and Barry