NYC/Canada cruise

knewcruiser

I've done the Canada cruise but was in June. the waters are more rockier than in the south especially as we had rain going and coming back lol. we went to st. johns and Halifax. it was cool especially as it was our first cruise :)

Oct is fall weather so don't expect it to be warm unless some freak weather lol.

We cruised out of NY on Carnival Glory in Oct. 2012 for 7 nights which included Boston, Portland, St. John, and Halifax. It was a wonderful cruise, probably my favorite. The weather was chilly, but the leaves were beautiful. Every day was sunny except Portland. They are all great ports and we found wonderful excursions on our own prior to the cruise. You will have a great time.

We did that trip in mid September. It was definitely cooler, but all we needed were light jackets. It was also very foggy in both Halifax and St. John when we arrived, but it did not stay long. The days warmed up, but still needed long sleeves or the light jacket to be comfortable. We did enjoy ourselves, the people were some of the friendliest we have ever encountered on all of our cruise stops. I would like to take another one some day, but a 7 day that stops in New England also.

I've done the Canada cruise but was in June. the waters are more rockier than in the south especially as we had rain going and coming back lol. we went to st. johns and Halifax. it was cool especially as it was our first cruise :)

Oct is fall weather so don't expect it to be warm unless some freak weather lol.

For some reason folks seem to confuse the two separate Canadian cities of Saint John (in NB, and the common port for cruises) with St. John's, which is on the island of Newfoundland and not so commonly visited by cruise ships as it is much further away. Just make sure that if you are doing research, you are doing it for the right one!

For some reason folks seem to confuse the two separate Canadian cities of Saint John (in NB, and the common port for cruises) with St. John's, which is on the island of Newfoundland and not so commonly visited by cruise ships as it is much further away. Just make sure that if you are doing research, you are doing it for the right one!

I live on the East coast and I still get it confused. :D

October is a great time for the autumn colors. Like others have said, it will be chilly.

What ports will you be doing?