Carnival Confiscated my Mini-Medical Tool.

Flatland

In hindsight, I wish I had kept the little tool in my carryon like I had always done before. The only reason this was different was I used my daypack that morning and took it with me. I simply didn't change bags when we went back to the hotel to get our luggage.

The idea about using different caps or repacking the meds is not possible. These individual bottles are ampules that contain about 10 mL of liquid (about 1/3 FL oz). I was not dealing with pills.

Pre-cutting the bandages on my injury isn't possible either due to the complexity of the fit. However, I honestly didn't even think of getting scissors from the medical department on the ship. That was my error.

My pharmacy is getting me a few replacements for free. They give them out along with these prescriptions that come via ampules. They even have the drug manufacturer's name on the side. I bought my first one previously.

I did make a little progress with Carnival in that my future cruise did not sacrifice my deposit when cancelled. I don't have any response back from Carnival as to whether I can take such a tool in the future. However, I did get a favorable response back from NCL for one of these little tools.

I can hardly believe anyone would consider one of these "tools of trade" or as Leatherman tools. When folded, they are only the length of 2 quarters side by side.

Regardless of how this works out, my future vacations will not get disrupted by over zealous jerks on this issue. ;)

I was thinking suture removal scissors might be helpful and more acceptable on board...they have a little "hook" to them to help with the medication lids and then can cut the bandages.

Small issues like this can ruin a cruise. I find Carnival security the worst of any cruise line - very bad attitude and they forget they are in a service industry

Their security people are the nastiest in the industry. Major reason carnival is the last line I consider these days when booking

If something like this can ruin your cruise, you should probably stay at home. Bad stuff happens everywhere, learn to live with it.

I guess you have never had the pleasure of dealing with carnival security? Very few here will defend them and any poster that does defend them is just a carnival security person with a cc account IMHO. Lol

OP..I am sorry...if something has worked and as far as you knew was ok..what a mess.

Bandaged areas are critical and difficult..terrible issues insue if not just right..lived this with a blister and my mother...

The info and options learned here are good..but the situation was understandably mishandled IMHO given your history and needs and hope you found some help onboard somehow...

Glad you got a clear yes from another line for such a small tool...hope Carnival learns and adjusts as much as you had to...

Sarah