Arubalisa.. Holiday Inn

knots4crewzing

Hi Arubalisa,

Help Please:)

I was wondering if the Holiday Inn would let my husband and I have a drink at their pool bar.

We honeymooned there 25 years ago and would like to relive some memories. We're only in port from 7AM to 1PM.

I can't seem to find their direct contact. Everything is going through a general booking site.

Thank you for your help

A day pass at the Riu is going to be the best "bang for your buck" for what is included. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969947

With that said, if you don't need all the meals and drinks, it would be much less expensive to just go to Palm Beach, rent a couple of chaises and get your food and beverage from Bugaloe or go to MoomBa for the same.

For a land vacation it would really depend upon what type of vacation you are looking for and of course budget. Palm Beach is the place to be for beach and tons of activities within walking distance. Eagle Beach is less crowded but you would probably want a rental car to get to restaurants and out around to do things.

A day pass at the Riu is going to be the best "bang for your buck" for what is included. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969947

With that said, if you don't need all the meals and drinks, it would be much less expensive to just go to Palm Beach, rent a couple of chaises and get your food and beverage from Bugaloe or go to MoomBa for the same.

For a land vacation it would really depend upon what type of vacation you are looking for and of course budget. Palm Beach is the place to be for beach and tons of activities within walking distance. Eagle Beach is less crowded but you would probably want a rental car to get to restaurants and out around to do things.

Somebody also mentioned the Occidental ..Their prices seem a bit more reasonable...have you ever been there??? The Riu looks amazing though..Thanks for the help....

The Occidental is a few doors down the beach.

According to http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1100 the price of their day pass is $80, however a friend on the island informed me the price is $95. Unfortunately I tend to agree with them since the CC link also says the Renaissance Resort is 2 miles from the cruise terminal. It is actually less than a quarter mile. ;)

The RIU all inclusive day pass is approx. $110/person from 10AM - 10PM and includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, all drinks, lounges at pool and beach and towels..

I believe the Occidental all inclusive is around $95/person. It would be best to email both resorts for the exact price and details.

Occidental day pass from what I understand is only good until 6 pm and the Riu's day pass is good to 10 pm which would allow you to also have dinner at the resort.

The Riu's beach is also a bit deeper so feels less crowded. Their pool area is larger as well.

• 2 weeks later...