Myth of R750 on Ruby Princess

Gaston

We have also stayed in R750 and R751 on several cruises on Ruby.

Agree that these are great cabins in a great location on the ship.

I recognize this is an older thread, but my response to the original post is to simply add that we were affected by plumbing problems during a two week B2B trip in December of 2014 while occupying R750.

We got the impression this was a recurring issue for this location on Ruby.

We returned to the cabin late in the afternoon to find that our small stretch of corridor was flooded.

Both R748 and R750 were saturated with a good inch or two of water.

Not just 'wet' mind you, but the water was noticeably sloshing around in the cabin, deepest by bath closet but significant throughout.

We were repeatedly assured this leak was from the fresh water supply lines and not sewage.

There was no apparent odor, so gave them benefit of the doubt that it was just a fresh water leak.

Crews responded immediately, water was removed, carpets pulled away from the walls and numerous fans set-up to dry the space out.

Furniture was placed out on the balcony during this process.

The steward was summoned to assist with relocation of our belongings to our temporary accommodations.

He commented that this had happened before many times and it was obvious he was not happy to be dealing with it again.

We were relocated to an oceanview on Emerald deck for two nights during the cleanup over the next three days.

During the process, we did ask several maintenance supervisors why they didn't simply replace the carpet?

My point being that replacement would've resolved this problem in hours - instead of days.

We never did receive any definitive response - just that the 'carpets dry quickly' and this was the 'best solution' for this particular problem.

Ultimately, resolving this issue took the better part of three cruise days and our loss of that great cabin and all that comes with it for two evenings.

Upside is that we didn't skip a beat!

It's a boat, stuff happens and things break.

We were on a great cruise, having a great time so we took it all in stride.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear this. We just booked our very first Princess cruise in this suite. We have done many X cruises but liked this itinerary so decided to give Princess a try . Hope they do not dissappoint

• 2 months later...
We are in this room for a 7 day Alaska in Sept.....I sure hope the water on the carpet is not an issue when we go...but at least I know

That was two years ago. They will have replaced the carpet by now. Aft cabins are the best. :)

Aft Riveria sucks...I don't know why anyone books those rooms;)

Seriously though, Aft Riviera is our preferred favorite cabin location on the ship. One of the only downsides I can think of is the long trudge back to the cabin after an exhausting day in port.

• 3 weeks later...

Please try not to talk about the back end of the boat,in any great light.

This area was once called the poop deck,where steerage passengers were aloud to see the light of day.

Nowdays the pool is always cold,bar service is non-exsistant.

Blue-carders lurk in every,nook and cranny,waiting to steal the non-exsistant loungers.

Food is a 150 mtr stroll away.

The theaters and mdrs are the same.

A 150 mtr waddle,can you imagine the exertion involved.

The concierge desk is miles away.

You might have to walk up a flight of stairs.

The soot from the funnels will cover you,with black spots.

You may never see the captain,:eek:

Maintenance crews will always bother you with fake work,as they try to hide from their boss.

The spas are always full of persons or cpls at night trying to have a romantic getaway,from the maddening crowd.

The spas are either to hot or to cold,waste of time really.

No art auctions here sorry.

No room for bridge players sorry.

No Matre.dee here sorry.

Its the back of the boat,and what comes out of the back of anything.:eek:

Far better to stick round the main areas,ie centre of boat,atrium,etc,etc.

But the only glitch is why are the best suites situated here,i suppose its a balance really.

Its so bad you cant see were you are going,only were you have been.

Now who drives a car looking to the rear.;);):)

Edited by mrs and mrs
very tounge in cheek.

Thanks C-Dubs!

I saw on another post you were going to try the Salmon fishing-we are signed up for that in Juneau. Was it a good excursion-recommend for us to do?

Hello 2Yanks!

Yep, my wife went on it. She ended up not getting any fish at all! Actually, out of 12 boats that left that day, only one PERSON got a fish! So be prepared for that... And it's pretty long.

The Deadliest Catch boat was amazing! They are the highest rated excursion for good reason. My dad and I enjoyed it very much!

We are in this room for a 7 day Alaska in Sept.....I sure hope the water on the carpet is not an issue when we go...but at least I know

Oh... Um....

On Friday of the same itinerary Alaska whipped up a pretty nice sized storm so my wife would hate cruising. Best part? The Terrace pool wasn't emptied before hand, so when we started to do the Big Storm Shimmy, the entire boat leaned to port and poured the pool water towards our cabin like fine champagne. Luckily the access door kept the flood at bay, but with so much water pressure in the stairway some leaked through and seeped our carpets.

In the end, the staff relocated us to A711 for a night while they dried it all out- 24 hours later all was fine. But yeah, maybe R750 is the 'adventurous' cabin.... [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mrs x2-

First off thanks for your glass is half empty speech about the aft.

Secondly, Poop deck in historical times meant the stern of the ship not the aft.

I am certain with all of the positive comments we will be fine, but thank you for your "insight"?

Edited by 2Yanks
address