Sunset Champagne Catamaran Cruise Nassau

lcccbeloeil

We'll be on the Majesty in March and in Nassau until midnight.

Has anyone taken the Sunset Champagne Catamaran Cruise excursion lately? Some reviews rave about it and others hated the excursion (awful champagne, loud music, stale food, leaving late, shorter trip because they left late, long walk to the catamaran in the dark).

Also, what is "a mini-style Junkanoo rush back to the cruise ship dock"? Someone suggested it was maybe a quick 3/4-mile jog back to the ship in the dark to avoid danger :eek:

Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

We'll be on the Majesty in March and in Nassau until midnight.

Has anyone taken the Sunset Champagne Catamaran Cruise excursion lately? Some reviews rave about it and others hated the excursion (awful champagne, loud music, stale food, leaving late, shorter trip because they left late, long walk to the catamaran in the dark).

Also, what is "a mini-style Junkanoo rush back to the cruise ship dock"? Someone suggested it was maybe a quick 3/4-mile jog back to the ship in the dark to avoid danger :eek:

Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Mini Junkanoo is a small group of musicians (horns, drums, cowbells, dancers in bright costumes) from of one of the local bands (Junkanoo is a celebration like mardi gras during the holiday sesont).

The pick up and drop off point is on wharf, which is just 2-3 short blocks from the port gates. Of course, walking from the gate to your ship can be a pain, depending on where you are berthed.

Thanks, Scubagirrl. The walk back, then, is not a problem. I had read about a junkanoo being a parade, but I couldn't imagine a parade being held for an excursion. Maybe they give us all small instruments.

I wonder about the catamaran part... anyone?

Thanks, Scubagirrl. The walk back, then, is not a problem. I had read about a junkanoo being a parade, but I couldn't imagine a parade being held for an excursion. Maybe they give us all small instruments.

I wonder about the catamaran part... anyone?

Mini-junkanoo rush is common. Usually 5-8 musicians from one of the groups in costume playing local junkanoo music.

It's very infectious.. you'll love it.

We did this excursion and really liked it. Found it relaxing. Snacks were fine....how can you mess up cheese, crackers and fruit? I'm sure the champagne was cheap; but really...what else would it be? Bring OJ from the ship :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this excursion and really liked it. Found it relaxing. Snacks were fine....how can you mess up cheese, crackers and fruit? I'm sure the champagne was cheap; but really...what else would it be? Bring OJ from the ship :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't bring food or drinks off the ship. Customs doesn't allow it.