Please reassure me: Nervous about timing!

PattiPB

Hello all!

We very much want to book the stingray sandbar tour through a private company.

This is my dilemma: We are on the Inspiration, and only in port from 7 am - 2 pm! I'm nervous about returning to the ship in time. If I book the am tour with Nativeways, it ends around noon. Is that ship time or island time or Hammer time!!! LOL!!!

Please reassure me about the times! I DON'T want to book through Carnival, but I want to relax and be able to enjoy myself. Will we have enough time without running through the streets screaming!?!?!?

TIA~ Patti

Thank you all!!!

We are a group of 7 people, and the cost is less than half if I book myself! I don't mean to sound cheap, but that's a lot of rum punches KWIM!?!?!?!?!?

Patti

Nativeway tours use Central time (with no daylight savings time). Your ship will use the time from whatever port it departed from (usually). Check Capers to find out the departure time and last tender time.

I found that when I emailed Capt. Marvin's about our stingray trip, Ruth emailed me back with all the details I needed to know, as well as assuring me we would be back in time! So, just email the company that you are interested in using, and go from there!! Have a great time! :)

We used Soto's, and I highly recommend them. We did the 9:30-11:30 tour, and we were back on time. They have vans waiting to take you back to the pier as soon as the boat gets back. Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, and our ship stayed on Miami time, so Cayman time was an hour earlier, than ship time.

Check with Mark at Moby Dick Tours. He seems to be pretty accommodating to the wierd port times this stop seems to have for all cruise lines.

We have 12 booked from our CC roll call for November and he's been just great to deal with. Gets back to you very quick too when you send email.

Archived