Uniworld Ghost Ship-The S.S. Maria Theresa

Woodrowst

My TA just booked me on a Uniworld May 2015 sailing of the S.S. Maria Theresa. She seems to be a ghost ship as I can find no information about her. There is nothing listed about her on the Uniworld website and an internet search turned up absolutely nothing. I assume she is currently being built but could find nothing about which shipyard is building her or when she will come online. She is also not listed in Cruise Travel magazine's recent listing of new ships being built. Very puzzling.

Has anyone heard of Uniworld's S.S. Maria Theresa and can give me a lead on where I can find out information about her?

Thanks

David

It looks like it will be a brand new ship in 2015. It shows up as a ship name on certain 2015 cruises, but there's not links. I finally googled it and found a little blurb mentioning it -- but I haven't seen mention of it before. I would guess it will be similar to the SS Catherine which debuts in 2014.

Uniworld River Cruises has announced that they will be introducing a brand new ship:

• S.S. Maria Theresa will be the cruise line’s newest Super Ship, debuting in Europe in 2015. Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting new Uniworld River Cruise ship!

Doing a Google search, the ship name does appear on the Uniworld website as a ship for 2015 itineraries, but there is not a ship page yet. I hadn't heard of Uniworld announcing another new ship after the SS Catherine this year, but maybe you discovered their secret! There must be a deck plan available somewhere if your travel agent booked you a stateroom aboard! Ask your travel agent for more details.

I'm thinking about booking in June of 2015, and wondered about the same lack of information. Noted the higher price. Please let us all know what you find out--I like new ships, but worry about cancellations if the timeline until cruise isn't long enough. We usually add on to each end--that leaves one kind of stuck if the cruise doesn't go.

I'm thinking about booking in June of 2015, and wondered about the same lack of information. Noted the higher price. Please let us all know what you find out--I like new ships, but worry about cancellations if the timeline until cruise isn't long enough. We usually add on to each end--that leaves one kind of stuck if the cruise doesn't go.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I sent an e-mail to Uniworld and promptly received

the reply below.

David

Dear Mr. Kaplan,

Thank you for contacting Uniworld! We are excited to be booking our new ship, the S. S. Maria Theresa, which will begin sailing the 2015 season.

You are correct she is still being built, so limited information is currently available. However, she will be a sister ship to our very popular ships the S. S. Antoinette and S. S. Catherine. The deck plan will most closely resemble that of the S. S. Catherine, which can be viewed at: http://uniworld.com/boutique-Ships/europe/ss-catherine/deck-plan

The web site will be updated with information about the S. S. Maria Theresa as soon as it is available. In the meantime, please let us know if we can answer any questions.

Kind regards,

Kaitlyn Holmlund | Guest Support Agent

• 7 months later...

My DW are booked on what I think will be the inaugural cruise for the SS Maria Theresa from Amsterdam to Antwerp. Departing for a 10day cruise at the end of March 2015. As a reward for signing on so soon they gave us a free upgrade from a level 5 to a level 2 stateroom! We are very happy and excited. My guess is that if there are any problems or glitches Uniworld will bend over backwards to make it up to us. As mentioned above check out the online catalog for some pictures and other details like a deck map for the SS MT and for extensive coverage of the other two Super Ships in their fleet.