Renaissance or the Marriott Harbour Beach?

tarheels

i was at the marriott harbor beach last december pre cruise. all i can say is.....we were there for 3 days and 2 nights. the place is SOOOOOOO beautiful that you almost don't want to go on the cruise. we had a room that had the following view.....to the left, a pristine immaculate beach. to the right, a marina with yauchts and just beyond that was the pier so you could see the ships coming and going and just below my balcony was a gorgeous free form pool. we didn't get any form of discount and were there during christmas week and still felt it was worth the money. oh.....it is a short walk to the water taxi which for 5.00 takes you up and down the intercoastal.

They're both very nice, and you won't go wrong with either one, but they're very different types of hotels.

The Harbor Beach Marriott is a recently remodeled full service resort & spa on the nicest part of Fort Lauderdale Beach. Not that you'd really need to leave the property, but there isn't much within walking distance, however as the above poster pointed out, it's only a short walk to the Water Taxi.

The Renaissance is a fairly new hotel, but it's not a resort, it's just a very nice hotel. It's about a mile or so from the beach, directly across from the entrance to Port Everglades, and within easy walking distance to many many shops, restaurants, grocery, drug, & liquor stores.

You don't mention how many nights you plan to stay? It would seem to be a no-brainer if price isn't a consideration unless you just want a nice hotel, clean bed etc. for one night. The Renaissance sounds more like a nice, but typical Marriott property where the Harbor Beach is a true resort with balcony rooms and views. I've been trying to secure a room at the Harbor Beach using Marriott Honored Guest points but no luck.

Archived