Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

Absolutely loving your review! We have a long wait until we can board the Allure but all of these reviews are helping to pass the time. I usually read on my iPad in bed before falling asleep. It really helps me have some nice cruise dreams.

We will be getting the drink package and I'm curious how they handled the after dinner shots. Did they serve them in the souvenir shot glass or just a regular shot glass. We love getting the after dinner shots so we are glad they are included in the package, just curious how that works.

Also, do you remember how much the cook book was? I would love that!

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Chris

Thank you!!! I did the same! Hope you have a great cruise! Technically, they are either supposed to not give you the shot glass or charge you $2, I believe. I asked the bar attendant for the glass and mentioned that I knew it cost extra. He never charged us, though. He was really nice! The cookbook was $25 plus tax. It was "discounted", but I didn't really hear how much or why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the Seabourn Sojourn.

PhilNDebbieAtSea - It is a shame your helicopter flight was cancelled. I had the same issue when I was there in May last year and they didn't tell me until I was off the ship and had known since the day before. Luckily they got me on a later flight but it was the short one, not the long one I had booked. It is definitely worth it, you must go back and do it!

Jo :)

It looks like a nice ship.

Thanks for the camera information. Fogging tips: I have kept my camera in a zip-lock bag before and also sat it outside on the balcony about 5 minutes before I'm ready to go out and start snapping, that gives it time to acclimate.

I'm so enjoying your review and photos! It's better than a novel. I don't understand how folks go on the Oasis class and not enjoy it? We all had a blast both times. :D

Thanks so much!! One night, I tried keeping the camera bag on the deck, wrapped in blankets, in the back of the lounge chair... I got so nervous that it would roll out or somehow get wet that I got up in the middle of the night to bring it in. :) Those are much better ideas!

Agreed!! Thanks and have a great day!

Dinner was the seafood platter with the lobster, shrimp, etc. Phil said the shrimp was great.

cruise20132763_zpsadc26c38.jpg

We loved this appetizer! Had it delivered to our Grand Suite because we didn't want to get dressed up and because we could. That was the best perk of the GS, having a full dinner delivered and eating in our room. Ordered our drinks too, they grabbed them from Dazzles on the way to the suite. With Darrell's bum knee, it was nice to just wait in the room for our dinner instead of him having to walk.

iPhone

Since the ship was so large and Phil smokes and we were going to be based on the 17th and 18th decks (wow!), we really wanted to get the on board iPhones to use to keep track of each other. As we boarded, we asked a very handsome officer where we could get the iPhones. He told us something that didn’t seem quite right, so we asked someone else. Finally, we asked a woman with a clipboard. She had a paper that she actually consulted and showed us on the paper that we should go to the 14th deck in the Card Room. Since she had it in black and white (we got 3 different answers in all), we went straight to the 14th deck Card Room. The door was locked. Ugghhh. We went down to Guest Services, who said we should go to the 14th floor. When I said the door was locked and no one was there, she tried calling, but to no avail. She recommended we go back there and wait, which we did. This time the door was not locked and we went in. There was one person sitting in there playing a card game. We saw stacks of blank applications and a metal cart that had the electronics in it, we assumed. We sat and waited and waited. No one came. Since we had reservations at Giovanni’s at 12 pm, we decided to “fill out” an application and leave a note that we were there (first) and would be back. After lunch, it was time for our cabins to be opened, so we went to see our homes for the next week. After a bit, I got a call from Maria saying they were at the Card Room. There still was no one there to take the application and now there was a stack of filled out applications and “notes” like ours and several more people waiting. Okay – now was the time to take advantage of our concierge service… I went to the Concierge Lounge and spoke to Dexter. He was so helpful. He called around and finally found out that the employee who did the phone contracts had fallen ill and was taken off the ship with a medical emergency! The employee taking his place was new and was in Orientation training until after muster. He suggested that we go back at 5 pm and someone would be there and he would continue to try to get us our phones in the meantime. Great!

We found the iPhones to be very helpful. We got 3 between the 2 couples. One for me, one for Phil, and one for M&F. The new employee, when we went back at 5, was very apologetic and nice. It took a while to fill out all the paperwork and it is kind of nerve-wracking when you see how much they will charge you if you lose or break it! (I think it was like $500.) The fee itself was only $30 a phone and it was well spent. We mostly used it to text each other and that worked well. The locator was hit or miss but pretty much fun when it worked. We never called each other on it and only noticed near the end of the week that the actual Compass with daily activities was on it, which was pretty helpful. You could make restaurant reservations and call maintenance or guest services on it. Cool! The iPhone charger in the suite only worked to charge them (it had a place for 2 iPhones/iPods) if I took the case off and bent it and put it behind the phone to keep it straight. J Don’t know if all of them have to be rigged like that. I had to keep rigging Phil’s for him because he never noticed that it was not charging after he put it on.

Did the phones have a case/otterbox on them? considering the size of the ship this may be of interest for our upcoming cruise.

We loved this appetizer! Had it delivered to our Grand Suite because we didn't want to get dressed up and because we could. That was the best perk of the GS, having a full dinner delivered and eating in our room. Ordered our drinks too, they grabbed them from Dazzles on the way to the suite. With Darrell's bum knee, it was nice to just wait in the room for our dinner instead of him having to walk.

Wow that sounds awesome!!! Definitely will try that on our next cruise!!!

Cozumel

We docked at Cozumel bright and early. The sunrise was not on my side today. :( Phil got up early too and I ran to get his coffee…and my donut! We watched several other ships arrive, including Norwegian Jewel and 2 Carnivals, the Magic and the Sunshine. On our side, the Carnival ships docked. One Carnival backed in and one pulled in. It was pretty cool to watch. Cozumel is a very busy port!

cruise20132797_zpsfedf9dae.jpg

cruise20132813_zpsfa79a002.jpg

cruise20132819_zps42e6a24f.jpg

cruise20132826_zps51b7dd90.jpg

cruise20132841_zps809abfc6.jpg

We have been to Cozumel before so we stayed on the ship. As I explained to Frank, some cruises are “port-intensive” and some cruises are “ship-centered”. This cruise was ship-centered because, well because it was the Allure, the biggest cruise ship in the world. :) Cozumel is one of my favorite Caribbean ports (beautiful pictures on the rocky coast!), but we wanted to explore the ship without the crowds. We went all over the ship and got all the pictures we wanted. It was a great day! (Pics are a little out of order because I used some from Phil’s iPad.)

05697B6D-2997-47F6-9D29-C4A6CE0E811D_zpsqv45o6kw.jpg

C5F5918C-E908-4C7B-B859-C0012902C89D_zpseldesyty.jpg

B339763D-8D6F-4EC3-B9FF-105BD24C6438_zpsa59g0i98.jpg

59041D6C-AE36-4506-A8CB-E797F6309B9E_zpsynu8u4uh.jpg

A0DE99A4-792D-4CD1-9C03-1DBB681D0CF6_zpsjd79x0on.jpg

This was the day that we tried the concierge lounge for lunch, but there was nothing on the menu any of us liked. It was a new one they said, just replaced 2 weeks prior. The girl taking our order was not helpful in the least, so we drank our sodas and just left. I really can’t believe that we never ate here – it was definitely on my plans.

Pretty sure we weren’t going to starve on the ship… We went to Park Café for the first time. Phil got the famous roast beef sandwich and it is as good as they say it is! Maria got a tuna sandwich and it was huge! Frank got a Panini, which he said was not so good, and had a made to order salad. I was still full from breakfast, so refrained. Later, we stopped at Boardwalk dogs and I got a plain Coney dog. So yummy because the rolls are so fresh.

cruise20133008_zps3867da5b.jpg

cruise20133007_zps964448f3.jpg

cruise20133009_zpse3495b43.jpg

cruise20133010_zpsaf7ea8fc.jpg

cruise20133014_zpsafad7e2a.jpg

cruise20133015_zps6a15391d.jpg